Hoppy’s Marine review

Has anyone ever used Hoppy,s Marine on Hwy 27 HainesCity Florida? I want to re power my 87 Ranger with a new Mercury. They are very close from where my home is located. I have bought parts there and the staff seems to be very friendly & helpful. Never had any major work done and looking for boat work reviews. Thanks.

2. Member
    Had a compressor go out on my previous Mercury Optimax about 8yrs. ago and took boat to them and they had me fixed up in 1 day. Pricing was fair.
    Now that being said ,there is an outstanding Mercury dealer in Orlando (RNF Marine) and probably would look into if I were you.

3. Member
    I have used them in the past and they were excellent.

4. Member
    I have never used them, but have heard lots of good about them.
    Even a out of state member I talked with through PM's a couple years back, said they saved his trip down then, by fixing him up fast with the part he needed.

I will never go there again, but that is me. Had some warranty issues on a new boat I bought there, it was leaking. I was told all boats leak, that was after they tried to fix it the first time, it went down hill from there.
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2bassn View Post
    Has anyone ever used Hoppy,s Marine on Hwy 27 HainesCity Florida? I want to re power my 87 Ranger with a new Mercury. They are very close from where my home is located. I have bought parts there and the staff seems to be very friendly & helpful. Never had any major work done and looking for boat work reviews. Thanks.
    I had my power head rebuilt by someone else and had to take to Hoppy's to get it running right. They are really good and I will take my boat there from the east coast every time from now on
    Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150