Shoutout to Vexus owners

I may be in the market for a new boat and I'm considering the 1980AVX. I would be fishing lower Kentucky and Barkley lakes and I'm wondering how well the Vexus takes rough water? Those two lakes can kick up on occasion.

2. Member
    Go see Matt or Ben at Malone’s marine and take a ride. You’ll be glad you did

3. Moderator
    They handle it ok. But there's a big difference between glass and aluminum. Test drive or ride in one if you can. Great boats but not a glass rig for sure.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

4. Member
    I love my 1880 and it rides great, I'd imagine a 1980 is even better. That being said I always say it this way, It rides better that a lot of equally sized glass boats, but not as good as some others. It's comparable to glass, not better or worse as a generalization, if you can catch what I mean.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

5. Member
    They will hold their own in rough water, but like all boats, just use common sense on water that is starting to churn, live to fish another day..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw174 View Post
    I may be in the market for a new boat and I'm considering the 1980AVX. I would be fishing lower Kentucky and Barkley lakes and I'm wondering how well the Vexus takes rough water? Those two lakes can kick up on occasion.
    Just said to the wife yesterday on ky lake at paris landing park. you don't come here to fish anymore, you fight the Tn river, Tva, high winds. big sandy is one rough area. all boats will ride rough there. Malones there has a lot of vexus boats.

7. Member
    When it is super rough you will have to slow down just like all the other fiberglass boats do except for possibly the new Vexus VX & DVX deeper V hulls. It is a very dry boat for an aluminum (that little crease in the aluminum near the waterline is magic) and handles all but the roughest conditions at speed. Will you have days when 3 to 4 foot waves slow you way down? Yes. Will you ever feel unsafe in rough water in the AVX models? No.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 08-04-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO