Seat post ridiculously tight....

Has anyone sanded the post diameter to allow for a bit looser fit? I forgot how tight the seat post are since I keep the butt seat on the rear deck and no seats on the front deck. Due to wavey conditions I had to move the butt seat to the front deck and it was nearly impossible. Had to literally get on all fours and put my back under the seat and drive straight up. So back to my original question, can you sand the post? Thx. Steve
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

2. Member
    I sprayed mine with a dry film teflon lubricant, seems to work much better now

3. Member
    Teflon spray sounds like a great idea. I have to do the same back lift on all 4's on my new 521L.

I have sanded the hole and sanded the seat post where the plastic bottom part meets steel. I used candle wax as a lube when i was done. I had the same issue, that back seat was super stuck. Cant imagine removing it on the water like you did.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. Member
    I had the same issue. Pretty frustrating especially while on the water. I used sand paper on the hole and seat post as well and then put a small amount of Vaseline in the mount, seems to be working fine now.

6. Member
    Don't use ANY petroleum product. It might work initially, but it will only swell the bushing and make it worse later down the road. I have used beeswax with great results. You can also use beeswax to quiet a squeaky bushing on the upper pedestal.
    2017 Ranger Z520C / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S

7. Member
    Thx for the feedback guys.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

8. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    The perfect solution is "Dry Slide" that's used in gun cleaning. It's amazing how ell it works.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

9. Member
    Spray WD-40 and turn it with some channel Lock Pliers. Do this regularly to prevent getting stuck.
    2018 Ranger 520L with Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Fitzgerald Rods
    Lews Products
    River Runner Baits