Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLure View Post
    Sooner? Really? And your talking LMB?
    my brother-in-law who is with me on sooner a while back, he was down here visiting so I took him fishing. He caught a Florida strain largemouth bass that I estimate was ~10 pounds. I Did not have a scale, I posted a picture on the site. It’s a bigger LMB than I’ve ever gotten my life, and I lived here 16 yrs. - there’s a big bass in sooner.

2. Member
    This is taking off of fishing OK website:

”Lake Sooner is one of Oklahoma's most unusual fisheries. Mostly that is because of the warm water discharge from the Oklahoma gas and electric plant.
    At 5,000 acres, the lake is too large to be influenced entirely by the warm water, but it is affected enought to sustain Florida-strain largemouth. In fact, Sooner is one of the few lakes in northern Oklahoma stocked with Floridas and regularly yeilding double-digit bass.“

3. Banned
    Only been on sooner one time and never got a bite. Wouldn't surprise me at all if their is a big one swimming around in it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLure View Post
    Sooner? Really? And your talking LMB?
    nope, there’s no big ones in there, don’t bother! It has always fished very slow for me but there’s good fish in it.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12