Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    To be clear, I haven't had issues with USPS until the COVID pandemic. IMO, with everyone ordering online, this is a money in the pocket Pandemic for shipping companies.
    If Trump put the new PMG in place, he needs to do what he is also famous for, FIRE him.

Don
    psssssst,,, he needs usps to look bad...............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

2. Dogfish_Jones
    I have found that the only thing the USPS delivers on time are your bills. I try my best to never send anything via them. As of today my package that was sent to the wrong post office 25 miles away is still there after 4 days.....I could have walked there and back by now.
    I trust the postal service on a 1 to10 scale...oh around a 0.

3. Dogfish_Jones
    *Update*
    I got an update on my postal package, it was sent to the wrong post office 25 miles away, the update now has it sent to the Birmingham Post Office which is even further away.
    I guess by the time I get it it will be sent to every post office in the state but the right one.

4. Member
    A little update, I went to work yesterday morning and we were told there were three large stations in our city that received NO mail to deliver. That meant literally 10's of thousands of people here locally received no mail yesterday. In 39 years, I have worked through blizzards (too many to count), major ice storms, remnants of hurricanes, flooding, and NEVER, NOT ONCE, was that done. Since Mr DeJoy has been in charge, the place has fallen off a cliff. These steps are being taken as a "cost cutting" measure, which could not be any further from the truth. EVERYONE got paid for a full days work even though there wasn't any. They were asked to go to other stations and work. So after driving on the clock to other zones, almost all were sent back because there wasn't enough work to spread out. It saved NOTHING, yet it went a step further to undermine the public's trust in the company. We have a contract that full time workers are guaranteed 8 hrs. This wasn't done blindly and management was fully aware it would not save anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    A little update, I went to work yesterday morning and we were told there were three large stations in our city that received NO mail to deliver. That meant literally 10's of thousands of people here locally received no mail yesterday. In 39 years, I have worked through blizzards (too many to count), major ice storms, remnants of hurricanes, flooding, and NEVER, NOT ONCE, was that done. Since Mr DeJoy has been in charge, the place has fallen off a cliff. These steps are being taken as a "cost cutting" measure, which could not be any further from the truth. EVERYONE got paid for a full days work even though there wasn't any. They were asked to go to other stations and work. So after driving on the clock to other zones, almost all were sent back because there wasn't enough work to spread out. It saved NOTHING, yet it went a step further to undermine the public's trust in the company. We have a contract that full time workers are guaranteed 8 hrs. This wasn't done blindly and management was fully aware it would not save anything.

I hire only the best people.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    that is inaccurate.
    I disagree since I am the person who places and receives the orders. Why do you say my post is inaccurate?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

7. Member
    Some days mail is not delivered. They just don't show up. Informed delivery shows what was supposed to be delivered.

Got a "priority" letter, about 20 days late.

Just had two water bills forwarded from another property I own, one dated March 31, the other dated May 30th.

Yup, USPS is in shambles.

Since 2007 the post office has lost seventy billion dollars but according to some of the more left leaning folks on here everything that has been wrong with it for the last forty years is all Trumps fault ,,,, new post master general or not ,the problems did not just start ,,, I know I know yall want to believe that every single thing you dont like is Mr Trumps fault,,,

The post office is just like any other business that fails,, it needs to be shut down or sold off and privatized and get the corrupt gov. folks out of it , and like it or not the business model they have is just not working anymore ,,you can not just keep throwing money in to a losing business and expect it to magically fix it's self,,, I would love to see this new PMG cut and slash to the bone,,,, or just shut it down and we could use a private service that would be better and more efficient

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Just an update on my package.....

FINALLY got it today. It was sent as Priority 3 day service. Only 6 days to get here.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    I worked 13 days in a row. They told me to stay home tommorrow. I worked today from 6:45 am till 8:15pm. In a office with 9 carriers, city and rural, 6 called in sick. I drove 50 miles to help after doing my route.
    With my OT this year I should be in that new ballistic bass boat by next spring. Might get one of those nice white saltwater Hondas for it.

12. Member
    Dang USPS, they got me again.

They delivered my MidwayUSA package, ordered on Thursday, Delivered on Monday, they put the darn thing right in my mailbox to beat it all.

Still waiting on mine, ordered on the 27th.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob20 View Post
    Currently waiting on a USPS Priority Mail 3Day package shipped from central Louisiana to west central Florida, less than 800 miles...not exactly across the country! Their "disclaimer" already says that a 3day priority may take an extra day. Well, it was dropped off at 1:30 on Monday, left post office Monday evening, and supposed to be delivered today...that's INCLUDING the extra day. Guess what? Look up on tracking and it just says "late being delivered." No where does it say where it is or when it will be delivered. Great service... and just wonderful tracking. Hope it eventually shows up in better shape than the broken rod and tube from last month!

UPDATE 08/06/2020: STILL no package, STILL no updated info, tracking STILL says 'arriving late", USPS STILL SUCKS !!!
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

15. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I've got a starter that has been siting in Miami since 7/16 says it got there in two days but that's the last it has been scanned.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    You are exactly right. The new postmaster general was recently appointed by Trump. His name is Louis DeJoy and he has contributed 1.5 million dollars to Trumps campaign(s).

Yeah before that everything was running smoothly.
    They had only lost 69 billion dollars in the last 11 years.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

18. Member
    Oh y'all are making me nervous. I'm rolling a 401k from my old company to an IRA and am waiting for that check. I guess I will have to show some patience.

19. Banned
    I pay alittle extra and do second day mail on everything and never have had a problem. That goes for TW, tungsten, clothes or anything else I order online.

20. Member
    MJL...

It's been a lot of years since I was involved, but 99% of every IRA transfer from a company plan went from the Company plan to the IRA custodian directly. NO check to the individual.

You might want to check on what procedure your system has. The check might already be there and you don't know it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast