TJNYSNP

MillterTech installation update...

Well i've been running Lithium now for about 3 months and I kid you not, it is amazing how it changes your fishing.

For my 36V TM i have 3 of the 12 volt 65AH Lithium Batteries... each was around $540 bucks
    For my electronics on one 80Ah 12 volt battery... ( i run *all* my electronics... 4 HDS touch displays, 1 Garmin 7*xsv display, StructureScan HD brain box, Livescope Garmin brain box, all pumps, everything ).... was $665 price
    For my engine i still run it on a dedicated AGM lead battery as i was not comfortable yet getting rid of lead battery for my engine

The things that i didn't realize is that you don't get home and go charge your Lithiums... these batteries have press button displays on each batter to show the the power left in a percentage display. I don't recharge unless it gets down to like 65% and that has never happened to my in any 8 hour fishing days... i usually come in and the batteries are all around say 73% power left.

Your electronics run with bright screens all day...
    You don't have cringe turning your key at end of day with anxiety "will the engine start to get back to the weigh in?".. because the engine battery has its own power...
    Your TM runs full power all day long....

The 2K investment is worth it to me if these batteries last 5 years like they are supposed to

You get clean FULL power to your TM all day... none of that crap where you already feel that your TM is not as powerful as it was an hour ago and finding yourself not going on high power on TM to save energy. Those days are over.

Net, you run on full power all day long, you know what power you have left any time you want to see it, you only charge batteries once every few days of fishing in my case.

Oh... the charging.. you use this small charger on each battery one at a time.. i charge each battery back to full power 100% by hooking up each of the 4 batteries like 10 mins each battery.

I got rid of my onboard 4 bank charger completely and the weight of 3 lead batteries

Anyway.. loving them

Definitely thumbs up on MillerTech.... got them after seeing BLat was running them for a couple seasons.... no issues at all for me

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Great report. Thanks for posting.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Yes, good info!

4. Member
    Thanks for the info. When I have to replace my trolling batteries they will be lithium.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

5. Member
    Good to hear! And thank you for talking with me on the phone about your boat the other day.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I dont have the full setup but have Ionic batts for the troller and have to agree with Mohawkman.....can go on 3 trips before i charge and really dont have to ....and to have power ALL DAY while fishing.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Did removing all the weight change the performance of your boat? Seems like it would really help taking off.

Can you change to lithium one battery at a time or is that not practical or feasible?
    Thanks

9. Banned
    I have these same batteries in my 24v set up and all I can say is WOW! I run them hard all day for 10 hours and they still have 80% power left. Last week I did 2 10hr days and 1 8hr day and they still where at 70%. Having a smaller ranger z118 with a 150 the boat pops up on plane like there is a 200 on the back. I can't speak for other lithium brands but these millertech lithiums are the cats a$$...

Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Can you change to lithium one battery at a time or is that not practical or feasible?
    Thanks
    It’s a 12v battery so it will work but you will only be as powerful as your weakest battery so really there won’t be much benefit to it. Better off just saving up and doing them all at once.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Thanks Haus

12. Member
    I have 3 65ah on TM.Last two tours I fished against the current all day.My Fortrex 112 was on about 65% all day.I have not seen my batteries last than 85% charged.I have a 100 ah on crank with 2-carbons and a helix 12 and have never seen them blink since installing it.I run my livewells all day and have never seen it below 80%.What a difference.Worth in investment so far.