4 Beeps in 2 minutes

I have a Nitro with a 2008 Optimax 150. When running the engine is beeping four times every few minutes. I looked it up and it said it’s either a water separating fuel filter or low oil in the reservoir on the motor. However, I just had a new fuel filter put on and the oil tank under the cowling is full. Anything else come to mind? Could it be a sensor bad and the motor is fine to run? Was hoping to use is for a tournament this weekend.

thanks in advance

2. Member
    make a jumper between wires going to tank sensor bypassing sensor WARNNING if you run out of oil its gone ,good luck
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Is the sensor by the reserve tank in the cowling or by the remote tank?

4. Member
    cowling,disconnect wires at sensor jump wires at harness conections
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moved to the correct Forum. Please be sure to provide your Serial Number when posting.

Check out the FAQ Section- there's a post there referencing "Warning Horn Beeped" that provides helpful info.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor