Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 2 Poor SI Quality

Hello all I have a question about the side imaging on my HDS 12. I have had SI in the past and the image was clear, the problem I am having is the way my transducer is working. I have a SS Box with an LSS1 ran into the box and then a network cable to my finder. I have leveled the transducer by using a level in the boat and then going home and setting the boat to that mark and leveling the transducer, ducer is mounted on the right side of my jackplate on the hole shot plate hanging off the side unobstructed. When I am scanning around 3-6mph I can see rocks and debris that is close to the boat (20’ or less) although when I go close to a dock or bridge it seems like I am a long ways past the structure before the image shows on my screen. The other issue I’ve noticed that makes me think something is wrong is when I turn the image never gets the blur from the turn like I’m used to in the past. There isn’t much for settings on the SI menu so I’m not exactly sure what I have going on...any advice you could offer I would appreciate. Thanks

2. Member
    Ideally, test with another transducer. You can also try to bypass the module and plug the LSS directly in the black port on your HDS. LLS-1 is old, and transducers do wear out to a point where they loose all details.

3. Banned
    Agree with TC, but check something in your 2d sonar menu. Check the ping speed, you want it at 18-19. It will affect how fast your SI will show/update on the screen. (Yes I know that the 2d and SI are different, but they worked together on the older models, so check it).

4. Member
    I will try those things. Thanks guys!