Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I just had 8 shots in my neck Wednesday, don't think I could go for that neck pulling right now.

Doesn’t look too pleasant

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Banned
    Always thought it was a job created for some to make a dime at. Never been to one but my daughter worked for one.

4. Member
    I have been going to Chiropractors for over 30 years and this guy would never work on me, I consider that gross manipulation and that is not the kind of treatment I look for in a Chiropractor. My dad used to have it done like that and I never cared for it.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Man driving a car might be scary for those that think the chances of this scare you.
    I’ve admitted 3 patients this month with it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I’ve admitted 3 patients this month with it.
    Because of chiro work done? Or?

7. Member
    Have never had that dinger done and probably won't by this clown. My chiro whom I have used for the last 30 years has saved me tons of pain and $$$$ by rolling me into the office and working his magic.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Go read about vertebral artery and carotid artery dissections caused by chiropractic manipulation.
    No way. Chiropractor put my wife in the hospital. He said he was "sorry".

9. Member
    I personally know two people that have had major health crises from high velocity, high amplitude cervical spine manipulations which is the kind of techniques many (if not most) chiropractors are taught. The percentage of patients that suffer cardiovascular damage from manipulating cervical spine is small, but you really don’t want to be the patient that has an artery going to your brain dissected. Both of the people I know went to the same chiropractor.

But make no mistake, I went to a chiropractor for a year. I think (know) they have a place and a benefit to people. My wife graduated from a DO medical school and uses osteopathic manipulation at times. DO’s are taught a high velocity low amplitude technique (fast, but doesn’t rotate the joint far) that reduces the risk of artery damage to basically none.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

10. Member
    NUCCA Its all you need to know. Doing that in the video is just plain wrong.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark v View Post
    Patients ask me if it is safe all the time. I have them Google: vertebral artery dissection with chiropractor.

Just say no.
    THIS!

I quit seeing chiropractors for that reason. Neck never bothered me was always my upper back or lower back. my neck would hurt for days after a visit. Told my chiropractor about it and he still insisted on adjusting my neck, so I quit going. Steady exercise my reverse hyper and changed jobs 3 years ago and now I walk 7 miles a day and I think that helped my back more than anything.

13. Member
    I go to the Chiropractor routinely. NEVER seen anything like that and would allow it done to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasj View Post
    I had a pinched nerve in my upper back and shoulder one time that was so bad I ended up in the ER because it was difficult to breathe. The ER doc gave me a prescription for muscle relaxers and some mild pain meds but before I left she whispered to me and said "Don't fill those, just go to a chiropractor. I'm not supposed to tell you that, but you'll be better off." Went to the chiropractor that afternoon and felt immediate relief. I don't believe all the hype that most chiropractors throw out there about curing disease and needing to come back for repeated visits, but I think for things like pinched nerves and mild back/neck pain they can really help.
    I had the same thing but chiropractor did nothing.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    I strictly use Palmer School of Chiropractic grads, been using them since 1961.
    My ex was in a near head-on with a bus one morning going to an appointment for a job, we had just passed as I was headed home after working 3rd shift. This was in early '99 just before we married. By the time I turned around and caught up to the wreck the ambulance had arrived. If I didn't know her car was a Honda Accord I couldn't have told you what it was. Totally mangled after hitting a rock bank nose and tail, she even almost flipped. The rescue guys took her to the ER where they took several x-rays and released her. I took her immediately across town to my Chiro, he x-rayed and adjusted her....SHE WASN'T SORE THE NEXT DAY! I fully believe they can help, from years of personal experience.

Palmer grads are the best.....All I will use as well

1999 Triton TR-19 PDC
    1999 Mercury 175 EFI
    25P Tempest Prop-worked by Croxton
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MDI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Console
    Humminbird Helix 5
    Humminbird Mega 360
    Mega Live
    8in Vance MFG. jack plate
    2 10ft Minnkota Raptors

16. Dogfish_Jones
    I have went to see one in the past two years. Once because of a pinched nerve in my back. After three treatments all was well. I felt some relief after the first one. He does small adjustments not those bone crunching kind.

17. Member
    There is one in my hometown that is very rough (never had him do the trick shown in the video). He actually puts on a weight lifting belt before he starts an adjustment. A lady I worked with said that her husband went to this guy and ended up with some serious damage to his back. My parents used to take me to a different chiropractor when I was a kid. He wasn't rough but he was the kind that claimed that chiropractic could cure any ailment and had you coming in for multiple visits a week.
    2009 Tracker Pro 170 TX - Mercury 40 HP EFI

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    You should have patients google how many people die per year from medical mistakes. Just say no to every doctor
    thats what i was thinking!!

my chiro saved me from back surgery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123