Ordering a new boat and will be using mainly for crappie

Always been a Lowrance man but thinking about adding a Garmin live scan on the bow, any suggestions on this. I will probably have two 12 live at the console and maybe a 9 live on the bow just for map usage.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Always been a Lowrance man but thinking about adding a Garmin live scan on the bow, any suggestions on this. I will probably have two 12 live at the console and maybe a 9 live on the bow just for map usage.

Rodney,

I too am a Lowrance man but just added a Garmin and I am loving the set up. I have a 9 Carbon and a 93 Garmin stacked with the Garmin on top. I run my Lowrance on a 3 panel display (chart, 2d, down scam). I have mine on a Dub L mount so they are raised off the deck making it easy to see them. I think you would be fine with the 9 live but recommend you go with two 12’s on the bow (12 live and 12 Garmin). I just think you will like having them the same size and will use the Live for more than mapping, especially during the learning curve of the Garmin. I only use my Garmin for Livescope.

Tom

3. Member
    Rodney - I have Solix units and one Garmin 10 Inch dedicated to livescope only. It will change the way you fish.