Running three Solixes!

I was wondering if anyone was running an extra battery to just run their graphs. I have four and that would make five.

2. Member
    One of our demo boats is running 4 solix, and mega 360 no extra battery, no issue. Group 31 AGM Fall River

3. Member
    I’m running three Solixes. Two 12s and a 15 on one group 31 AGM without any issues.
    2019 Xpress X21 Pro
    Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    I have four 12" Solix's running on an Odyssey 31, no problems but I make sure I put them on standby when not in use.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

5. Member
    MW has shed light on the situation! It depends on what else is pulling your battery down as well. I have 5 batteries as well, 3 for the TM, one for all electronics(downriggers and misc other things) and one for the starter and boat functions. I could get by without the electronics battery if I turned off (or even put in standby) some of my stuff. Only 2 sonar units as well but that is not what I like to do. Along with having to be constantly evaluating the power situation. There are systems you can add to make up for some of it if you run you big motor enough. The Charge system by PP is one (12 to 1500 dollars) You can put in Lithium and $450 AGM batteries. It makes sense for some. If your boat has the room for another battery that is a viable option as well. Weight is another item for some slick high speed boats. Lithium may be the only way to do it for them. Not to mention we all fish differently and for different time periods. It is all about what you need and what you want. Bob FYI- I have a big old Lund 2025. Weight and room are not problems. I must confess to be in the overkill mode on batteries. 4 Lithium and one Odyssey 2150. I don't like to worry!
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Thanks for the input gentlemen.

7. Member
    I have 3 Solixes. I tried 3 different batteries and had 2 different shops check stuff out. I could not make it for more than a few hours. So I added a 5th battery and power my front units off it. I also put a North Star X2 in as a cranker and power the console unit with it.

I added a single bank charger for the 5th battery. My 2 chargers are hooker up via a Y cord. So far all is good.

I have 3 Solix with an X2 battery. I can get through a tournament day without an issue. I always put the 2 console units on standby when fishing. The voltage will get into the 11.? range by the end of the day but the engine still cranks to get me back.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

9. Member
    This may be part of the discrepancy between opinions also: If you run your lead acid batteries below 12.1 volts on a regular basis you are shortening that battery's life each time you do that. The lower it goes the more damage that occurs. Bob
    I will add a note that on the X2 or Odyssey extreme that number is lower(about 11.6)
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go