Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I sure do get accused allot on this board. I can assure you my answers are not scripted. Several post on here about the limited range of Garmin UHD sidevu and posting the 30' range. That is weak. So you say change to 455, then why buy the UHD?
    You might want to stay away from CNN if you expect unbiased news IMO. Lets.stick to fishing electronics, I get into enough hot water here already. :)

2. Member
    I think maybe "user Royt" was agreeing that 30 ft didn't sound right to him either. I think that by the question mark after the comment. I could be wrong, usually am.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I sure do get accused allot on this board. I can assure you my answers are not scripted. Several post on here about the limited range of Garmin UHD sidevu and posting the 30' range. That is weak. So you say change to 455, then why buy the UHD?
    You might want to stay away from CNN if you expect unbiased news IMO. Lets.stick to fishing electronics, I get into enough hot water here already. :)
    I can say for me the down vu is extremely good with my gt34....I mean really good....I run dual sidescan transducers...I have a gt34 and a gt30....so I've got 455, 800 and 1200 htz. I mainly use the Gt-30 for sidescan and use the gt34 for the downscan....I know a lot of people don't want to do that, but I feel I have the best possible Garmin setup right now.

4. Member
    I wasn’t really accusing you, just noting how it could be seen as suspicious. I’m sure you have better things to do then slander Garmin to boost HB sales, lol.
    And I don’t watch CNN, or the news much.
    The point of UHD is to see an area in high detail. You scout with 455, see something of interest and switch to 1120 to get a HD image. You don’t have to buy a UHD unit, and the limitations are due to physics and practicality. If you would spend $10k for a 10kw sonar they’d probably make it.

5. Member
    Looks about par for the course for Garmin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12