Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Man I came from lowrance HDS Gen 3 to the current Garmin Echomap Ultra 122's. Besides ease of use, I can't believe the difference in the sidescan, downscan and traditional sonar. If you cant figure out what the Garmin is seeing then I don't know what to say. If your friends works so great and yours does not, is there something your friend had done different on his installation. I also have livescope and have no issues. Everything works great. I did have my system installed by a dealer that only sales/installs fish electronic systems and trolling motors.

2. Member
    10,000 is a lot of money....

more to some than others.

ive had Echomap, Lowrance carbons, Abd now just a Humminbird 1199

the ipilot link and follow the contour are amazing.
    Waiting to find a deal on g3n units for the front and I’m very eager to try mega si.

the 1199 si is just as good as the carbons and the screens are instantly switched and loaded when you flip between screens, I don’t even see why you need more than one at the helm because your presets instantly switch back and forth....

carbons and garmin couldn’t do that.
    based on just how the 1199 looks and behaves compared to carbons and Echomap and it’s like 8 years older?!? Yeah, I’m currently a Humminbird guy

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Home->Settings->System Information->Garmin Devices
    Will it tell you the software for the livescope or just the graph?

4. Member
    Whatever is connected and turned on. It's a list.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    unfortunately your experience is not much different from other complaints I've heard from people who have bought the latest and greatest. One of my old tourney partners upgraded to 360 Mega and has been having problems. I was looking at upgrading to one of the newer "forward looking" devices but I'm just going to hold off. There's is such a crazy arms race going on right now in the electronics industry and I just don't think the companies are spending enough time on R&D to work out bugs before release. Everything is geared towards get it out to the public NOW NOW NOW!

I'm going to just wait at least a year until one of these devices proves itself consistently before I spend that kind of $.

6. Member
    Well, I have got the Panoptics Livescope working "reasonably". Actually saw my bait in forward mode ONE time the other day on the water. Have gone with one garmin on the bow for Livescope & one Garmin in the dash for the multi color lake depth charts. Still believe we can come a long way on the Livescope. Abandoned the perspective equipment & mode in favor of a Mega 360 & two 10"Helix (one dash & one up front). The two Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv's are listed for sale in the BBC electronics section. Want to sell these two to help pay for the two Helix 10's I bought for the boat. Not gonna low-ball them, they are brand new & look that way.
    Richard Viehe
    CRV Communications, Inc, President
    Authorized Bluewater LED Dealer
    Indpls., IN

Career Firefighter/Paramedic, Retired
    Carmel FD, IN

2020 Phoenix 21 PHX
    4 Stroke 250 Pro XS
    Console: Humminbird 12” Solix MSI G3, Garmin 126sv
    Bow: Humminbird 12” MEGA SI, Mega360, Garmin 122sv
    Livescope LVS34
    36V Ghost
    Dual 8' Blade Power Poles

7. Banned
    Whatever is connected and turned on. It's a list.
    Looks like I am on version 2.33, should I leave it?

8. Member
    Well, that depends on who you ask. IMO the only version to avoid is v2.30. Some say the only good version is v2.20. The latest is v2.41. That's what I am using. I also like the latest on-screen controls that have been added to the last MFD update. I'm not a big fan of Perspective because I seldom fish that shallow. It's growing on me though.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Banned
    I'm not a big fan of Perspective because I seldom fish that shallow. It's growing on me though.
    maybe so interesting too ...

Last edited by Kulibin; 08-12-2020 at 02:39 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulibin View Post
    maybe so interesting too ...

Wow

11. Banned
    Everything works great! No disappointment!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12