Ultrex only turns one way?

So my ultrex will only turn left with the foot pedal. It will turn just fine with spot lock or remote. What could be causing the pedal not to turn right with foot control?

2. Member
    Sounds like you have a cable that is broke. Even though the ultrex has say “power steering” it is still controlled by cables from the pedal. The servo that does the steering electronic is a different system. If you notice the pedal does not move when you use spot lock or the remote.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Sounds like you have a cable that is broke. Even though the ultrex has say “power steering” it is still controlled by cables from the pedal. The servo that does the steering electronic is a different system. If you notice the pedal does not move when you use spot lock or the remote.
    no the pedal does move when using spot lock or remote

4. Member
    Broken cable then. Buddy had that happen were we could turn one way and then the pedal would kind of move back if we turned the head. Had to fish a T all day with the remote. that was interesting

Odds are you have the original style steering sensor located under the pedal.. They are bad to go out... the new style has all the wires potted so they don't get corroded and quit like mine did

Pretty sure if the pedal moves when you turn the head by hand it's NOT a broken cable as the cable goes from the pedal to the steering box. It may be possible for one cable to turn it both ways but I doubt it..

Call Jones they got me going real quick..

6. Member
    As stated above, you have a bad sensor board. Take it in for warranty.

7. Member
    Well I’m about done with ultrex....this makes 3 completely new motors and 2 steering sensors all under warranty.....last steering sensor was changed 4 months ago.

Dang with that much trouble you should be the one telling others why it won't turn but one way.
    Quote Originally Posted by La Boy View Post
    Well I’m about done with ultrex....this makes 3 completely new motors and 2 steering sensors all under warranty.....last steering sensor was changed 4 months ago.
    Were the ribbon wires exposed on the replacement ?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Dang with that much trouble you should be the one telling others why it won't turn but one way.

Were the ribbon wires exposed on the replacement ?
    lol you would think so but every time it’s a different problem

Why ? I have one that's 2 years old and I did have a cable break, covered under warranty, but that's not going to make me never want one again. And, to the OP, when my cable broke, I could still turn the motor with the remote. So, I believe you have a broken cable.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    If you are having that may problems with your Ultrex then you have an issue with the boat. Namely the battery charger. Are you charging batteries with the motor connected by a plug? Not disconnecting power by turning off a breaker or unplugging the power from the troll motor will cause problems. Turning the power switch off on the foot pedal does not remove power from the troll motor. I have seen and heard from other ASC's battery chargers creating problems with Ultrex, Ultera and Terrova. Check it out.