Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader186S View Post
    I haven't seen a mention of gearcase or gear ratio. The numbers mentioned indicate a 1.62 which I think was only available with the sportmaster. Assuming this is in fact a sportmaster, a 1.75 Torque Master would be much better and faster. The sportmaster is designed for faster boats and does not provide bow lift like a Torque master. Running a Sportmaster 3.5" below the pad with a generous amount of positive trim will just slow the boat down. Sportmasters run best even with the pad or higher with near neutral trim. The best solution would be to swap gearcases.

If sticking with a sportmaster , a Bravo XS or maybe a Revolution 4 prop may help some. Also lots of setback and raising the engine will help.
    I am running a 1.75 TM lower unit, 12 inch jp i moved jp back down to flush and put on the 25 bravo 1xs i made a few runs and have it bumped up to around 4.5 p to p, fully loaded with two grown men rpms were about 5850-5900 and top speed was 65 before i got an over heat warning and water pressure went to zero, im hoping i just sucked up some trash should have it out of the shop tomorrow to continue experimenting

2. Pat Goff
    Again, diagnostics over a computer screen are difficult.
    Make sure there's nothing sticking down in the water that would deflect water flow. Transducer, ladder, whatever. At 4 1/2" you should never have a pressure issue.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Again, diagnostics over a computer screen are difficult.
    Make sure there's nothing sticking down in the water that would deflect water flow. Transducer, ladder, whatever. At 4 1/2" you should never have a pressure issue.
    I don’t think my loss of pressure had anything to do with my changing props or moving my jack plate. I think there’s an obstruction or a bad impeller

4. Member
    i got out saturday in a solo tournament, running the 25 bravo 1xs, my rpms were in the 5900-6000 range, my regular tourney load minus the partner i was consistently 67 gps speed and occasionally touched 68. im getting where i need to be slowly but surely. thank you to everyone that has chimed in so far!

Looks like mostly rain this week through thursday but when i get back out on the water i am going to 3.5 p2p with the bravo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12