Thread: Apple Split

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Apple Split

4 for 1 stock split. Glad I closed out that covered call

One heck of a quarter too...get ready, the RH users will pounce on this after the split. Already up over 5% in after hours. I have never owned Apple stock, but I will be on high alert as soon as the split is official.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

3. Member
    I just saw that and was thinking about you, Nitro.

Amazing earnings.

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    One heck of a quarter too...get ready, the RH users will pounce on this after the split. Already up over 5% in after hours. I have never owned Apple stock, but I will be on high alert as soon as the split is official.

planning to buy some calls for 150 strike post split. Should be good money. On another note, anyone ever exercised an itm call and took shares Pre split upon split announcement. Seems like way easy money if you can cover the cost of shares

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    planning to buy some calls for 150 strike post split. Should be good money. On another note, anyone ever exercised an itm call and took shares Pre split upon split announcement. Seems like way easy money if you can cover the cost of shares
    Are you talking about buying a call at say $400.00 and then after the split if it is trading at $110.00 you exercise to get the shares?

6. Member
    Saw that. That should go really well. I will also be looking at it post split. It’s going to rocket.

7. Member
    I can't believe it ran to $425.00. It was trading in the 370's or so last week I believe.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I can't believe it ran to $425.00. It was trading in the 370's or so last week I believe.
    Just wait until post split

9. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Are you talking about buying a call at say $400.00 and then after the split if it is trading at $110.00 you exercise to get the shares?
    no I’m saying Pre split but after announcement exercise an itm call, and then get the 400 shares after split and have the run up. Just seems like a good bargain to take the shares in lieu of the call. Maybe not?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    no I’m saying Pre split but after announcement exercise an itm call, and then get the 400 shares after split and have the run up. Just seems like a good bargain to take the shares in lieu of the call. Maybe not?
    If that'd work, I was thinking about doing something similar, so it sounds like a good idea to me. I'm not sure how the options really work through a split though, I'm not the best with options need to beef it up quite a bit. Even just in buying, I was planning on buying right after the split, but I think it's going to go insane after that, so I may buy right before and eat the stupid little fee that TD charges for stock splits

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you guys are trying to gain or think you would gain playing options with the split. Options will be adjusted on the split date. There's nothing to gain by trying to game the system.

And after the split moving from $100 to $150 per share would be a crazy move, a 50% increase. That would be another trillion in market cap added.
    Thanos was the hero

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I'm not sure what you guys are trying to gain or think you would gain playing options with the split. Options will be adjusted on the split date. There's nothing to gain by trying to game the system.

And after the split moving from $100 to $150 per share would be a crazy move, a 50% increase. That would be another trillion in market cap added.
    Do you think it's just going to hover around $100 a share after the split, even with all of the robinhood traders?

13. Member
    I think boneil may be indicating if you want to purchase shares of Apple, just purchase the shares, instead of options.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Do you think it's just going to hover around $100 a share after the split, even with all of the robinhood traders?

No way of knowing what price will do, but Robinhood traders don't have enough capital to move a trillion dollar company. I think it goes lower after the split.

It will be much more difficult to move a 100/ share stock with a 1-2 trillion market cap compared to a 100/share stock with a billion market cap. All AAPL is doing is increasing share count.
    Thanos was the hero

15. Member
    The best part of the split for me is now I will have enough shares to sell covered calls on part of the position since I never owned 200 shares or more in any one account. The premiums will be less but I can sell 1-4 contracts.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Crazy. Did AAPL cure corona
    Thanos was the hero

I was a dumb butt for not buying shares after the 2:1 spit in February of 2005. I will not make that mistake again.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Crazy. Did AAPL cure corona
    An Apple a day keeps the doctor away

19. Member
    An Apple a day keeps the doctor away

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Must be the dividend
    Thanos was the hero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast