Mountain Fishing

My wife is going out of town in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll take the opportunity to explore something different. I know we have some lakes up in the mountains of NC not to mention just across the border in TN. Anyone have an recommendations for some good bass fishing this time of year?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

2. Member
    I fish Glenview, Fontana and Santeetlah. Summer fishing is a little tough, but there are fish there to be caught. Water temps are about 81 in Santeetlah and Glenview right now, and Fontana is 83-84. Visibility is 7-11 ft in the lakes so they will be deep except on shady shorelines or early and late in the day, more or less typical of most places. There seems to be far more people on the lakes this year, fewer people working I suppose.

I was hoping somewhere cooler. Maybe that's not realistic.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Member
    Probably not. These are about the coolest lakes around, air temps are in the mid to upper 70's generally, but if we lose the rain for a few days they will go to the mid 80's. Still not bad compared to all around us.

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I was hoping somewhere cooler. Maybe that's not realistic.
    I don’t think you will feel me any lakes cooler. There’s no lakes on the mountain tops.

6. Member
    i just came back from 4th of july week from mountains to get away from humidity. book a trip with austin with dream catchers guide service .fished glenville and chagute water was 82 but beautiful lakes and less humidity. got to see livescope in action fishing 30 foot brushpiles and catching monster largemouths 5 to 7 pounds crusing shoreline at mid day in wolf packs on deps 250 and rats in a foot of water crazy .