Prop setup issues

Seems a whole lot people on here have RPM/speed/prop issues with their Xpress boats. It has me worried because my dealer is 8 hours away. I can’t just run it up the road to have issues looked at.
    I’m rethinking using a dealer from out of state.

Itll be fine if you get the right prop on it and dont have to have a dealer change it. All you gotta do is buy a bravo xs in 25p or so and forget about it. Dont let them talk you into the power tech that comes with it. Rothwell marine has a prop exchange program so youre not stuck with a junky prop if it doesnt work for you. They are right over in south arkansas and they are the best dealer there is. No need to find another dealer. Itll leave there with the correct prop on it so no need in wondering

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    As stated, dont get the powertech prop. Tell your dealer what you want installed up front. Luckily my dealer swapped me out at no charge when I found out the props from the factory are not good on these boats. I went with the turbo FXP. It is made for SHO motors.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

4. Member
    Either of the props mentioned in this thread would be good for 115 SHO on x18?

5. Member
    Dealers response:

“its a power tech. They are great props. You can always find someone on a forum that doesn’t like something”

and I didn’t even mention a forum to him.

6. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    He's dealt with us or TFF before, and he's right they are great props just not for Xpress.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

I run one on my duck boat. Need to get a better one

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Dealers response:

“its a power tech. They are great props. You can always find someone on a forum that doesn’t like something”

and I didn’t even mention a forum to him.
    And your response should be, either get me a prop that I request or I will buy from somewhere else. I will bet money that some or the fastest and best performing X19's are on this site. And these gents could and most likely will help you with a prop choice. The PT prop copy of the trophy would be a huge leap ahead of what normally comes on these boats. If the dealer can get their boat to perform like tbob and a few others then I would believe them. Otherwise post up what you are getting and I am sure you will get some good advise. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    I am getting a 2020 (21?) X18 Pro with 115 SHO. Do not want the power tech after reading here.

10. Member
    Had Power Tech props on my last 2 Xpress boats, 21p on the X17 with F115 turned 6200 and 52.4 mph with me and all my gear. Could another prop gotten me more speed, probably, but not a lot more based on reports from this site. Are they the best for all boats, I sincerely doubt it but you can go crazy trying to figure what's best and spend a ton of money on props. Have several prop recommendations for my X18/F150 and trying to decide myself.