idbefishing

Any of you guys bought a ton back in March

Looking at the charts, one could be really, really rich right now. Tesla, Overstock, so on............

I day traded through it, which was fun...only stock I bought for a long play was Ford....and still holding.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    I day traded through it, which was fun...only stock I bought for a long play was Ford....and still holding.
    Ford was up pretty good after hours. I think that Bronco launch could certainly help them. I'm thinking of buying one when they release the Bronco model rather than the sport.

4. Member
    I bought some in March, but did not have the courage to buy a ton. When your investments are down 20-30%, its hard to go all-in on buying. But.....might have made enough to save my retirement. Will just have to wait to see if there is a double dip.

5. idbefishing
    Overstock was at $3 now in the high 70’s

6. Member
    Just starting out. Didn't buy a ton, but bought CONE at 75.50 and sold at almost 79 over three weeks. Wish I would have bought more. Up in the 80's yesterday. But then I am told you should not look at a stock price after you sell it.

7. Member
    I bought some MSFT at the 130 levels and CSCO at 40. Had many orders go unfilled as I had too low of limit orders on them and didn't anticipate the big snapback.

8. Member
    I missed a lot too, but I had some nice swing trades and daytrades in the mix. Wish I had bought a ton of certain things and just held it, but hindsight is 20/20

9. Member
    I put in my 2019 Roth and HSA $ in March when the market had dropped about 20% and bought more my Vanguard S&P fund plus kept putting about 20% of my pay into 401k. I think the market kept sliding toward 30% down there for a while... I didn't look or check my balances until recently. I would have hated to have bailed out and took that loss, but I'm sure some did.

I'd never make it daytrading... I've kind of kept a trial practice prediction list for a while and I didn't do well...

10. Member
    All set for my sons education money so put some of the excess into the market. Bought into and still holding GOOG 5 shares @$1098, AMZN 5 shares @$1912 and AAPL 25 shares @$247. Currently up $12.6k
    He’s still mad that I didn’t take his recommendation to put some on Tesla and Nvidia when he was back in high school.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

I had a few hundred shares of WKHS at average of $2.24/share. Sold at $7/share. It reached $22/share. Wish id of held, but bought it looking for a small profit.

I bought a bunch of tesla and bought it cheap. I still have it though. Lots of people i know got very rich from it. One of my better moves besides buying a metric ton of apple before the iphone was in everybodys pocket and alibaba at its open. I wish i could have seen amazon and netflix making it big.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

13. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    I bought a bunch of tesla and bought it cheap. I still have it though. Lots of people i know got very rich from it. One of my better moves besides buying a metric ton of apple before the iphone was in everybodys pocket and alibaba at its open. I wish i could have seen amazon and netflix making it big.

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    dont bow too much i bought a bunch of kodak on its way up.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    dont bow too much i bought a bunch of kodak on its way up.
    We all have a few of those stories. Take gains and then what to do with them

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    We all have a few of those stories. Take gains and then what to do with them
    Very true

17. Member
    I did. No expertise claimed, just a bunch of things happened all at once to allow a large investment in a few different places. I do not think it could have worked out any better for me. Combination of; cash to Fidelity and Vanguard, roll over of my wife's deferred comp into my IRA, and starting a 529 for my son with his SS benefits he gets until he's 18. The only wrinkle, and this is truly a first world problem, my mother died in April with all her money in mutual funds. The capital gains will be enormous on our inheritance.

18. Member
    For anyone who is holding PRTY, I sold it black yesterday, so that's why it's up 30% today. You're welcome

19. Member
    Disney