Bass Pro Shops Cary - Empty Shelves/Closing?

Went to BPS Cary yesterday to check out fishing tackle and discovered there is very very little stock of anything - rods/reels, baits, line, terminal tackle, marine goods. They have started putting Plano boxes into empty slots to fill up space. Realize there is a supply problem, but the Gardner Cabelas/BPS has much more stock so not like they can't get some things in. Really does looks like they are getting ready to close the store - I asked an employee if that was true and he said not to his knowledge. But the fish in the tank were packing suitcases LOL.

Online sales killing the store business, but they seem very busy ,nothing would surprise me at this point !!

3. Member
    I was there about a week ago and they where the same . They did have to boxes of yahoo cranks on sale and a box of knock stick bait and lips crank on sale .
    All the sunglasses was gone Ask the cashier about it and he said they came and got all of them >>>>the vendor>

A buddy was in there last week and told me the same thing. Given that it always seems to have been pretty busy when I was there, I'd be surprised if they are going to close.

As far as employees saying they know nothing of a closure, most would not until it was announced and those that did would not be allowed to discuss it.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Concord BPS was in pretty good shape yesterday, terminal tackle was lacking in some areas along with some "basic" fishing stuff, but overall better than expected....

Im pretty sure lot of items are just out of stock. Ive went every where looking for lead worm weights none on shelfs and on line supplies are very limited.
    I even at my job the last two weeks about 20 percent of automotive items are on back order till end of Aug,.... that 6 month supply that manufacture's have stock piled almost depleted due to layoffs

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

A buddy of mine that owns a lure company warned of a shortage coming a few months ago. He was right.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

8. Member
    I do doubt that they keep BPS and Cabelas open in the same town, I see it moving to the Cabelas location at some point ,
    Field and stream in Fayetteville, looked like it had been looted a few weeks ago, nothing , I mean nothing , so bad I took pictures of the empty shelves, Zoom Isle was empty, and the guy working the fishing area said that they had had over 75 Zman Jackhammers stolen
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

Was in Saturday and the boat lot was basically empty. Maybe the just moved them out because a storm is coming. But, fishing rods were at about 30% capacity I'd say. The biggest think I noticed was that the displays for reel and fishing electronics were almost bare. Not the stock, but the items they have out on display. I can't think of a good reason to pull items off of display.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Member
    I stopped by BPS Sunday, mostly just to look around. Stopped and talked to the gentleman behind the counter where the reels are for sale. He stated that even though they are still receiving shipments weekly, it's usually gone within 2 days. He also said that they still have 5mil worth of items requested stock but very little of it comes in. They are 3 months behind in receiving stock and have been told to expect a minimum of 5 more months before the store is able to come close to completely restocking.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

11. Member
    Yep i don't they are closing . As fast as stuff comes in ,its gone . The Cabelas in Garner store looked well stocked .The same day ?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Was in Saturday and the boat lot was basically empty. Maybe the just moved them out because a storm is coming. But, fishing rods were at about 30% capacity I'd say. The biggest think I noticed was that the displays for reel and fishing electronics were almost bare. Not the stock, but the items they have out on display. I can't think of a good reason to pull items off of display.
    Covid 19....
    2015 189 trx