GARMIN LVS 12 PANOPTIC

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGGESTIONS ON USING THIS TRANSDUCER ,ILL LISTEN. DOWNVIEW IS OK BUT FOWARD VIEW IS NOT IMPRESSIVE ,I HAVE A 102SV UNIT,THANKS

2. Member
    I mounted my LVS 12 on the transom pointing forward. I jig fish for crappie 85% percent of the time right in front of the trolling motor. I can see the brush and fish where I am jigging. I can see my trolling motor for reference. For my small boat set up the LVS 12 has been perfect. my unit is echomap ultra 126sv.
    Last edited by Centurion; 07-30-2020 at 12:08 PM.

3. Member
    Adjust range, both forward and down, to close the blind spot.

4. Member
    ya u have to have both on display and both depths set to auto. i have my lvs12 mounted to talon so it always looks forward then lvs32 on bow mount force. on first glance it appears the 12 gives up a bit of detail and range to the 32. but they actually very close considering. it ashould locate fish the same ahead of the boat. the 32 detail is best when fish are directy underneath or slightly ahead. which is the lvs12 blind spot.
    and the down on the 12 although thin can easily give you a great pic of fish length and size . i can tell a sub 2lber from a 3+ easily.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

5. Member
    you guys that have the lsv 12,in forward range,how well can you see your jig, if you cast out say 40 feet can you follow it back to the boat let say if you let the jig go down about 12 feet? do you have a blind spot in your first 40 feet out to the boat in the first upper 20 feet of water? do you have a ghost tree even at high sensitivity?