Protecting Gel Coat from Heat?

Getting some slight "crazing" on my '96 Champion. Thought it was due to age, but I came to the realization that i *think* its from baking in the sun/the constant heat we have been having this summer. It's only happening on the side that sees the most sunlight. The caveat is that my boat is always covered, so it's not from direct UV rays. Is there anything to use on the gel coat to protect from actual HEAT coming through the cover?

IMG_8555.jpg

Is this boat stored outside under a cover ?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Yep, outside but always covered, always freshly waxed. Just looking for a way to prevent this from progressing if possible. Not sure if there is a product out there that could help.

4. Member
    Small solar powered fan, one like what the RV fridges have. Won't stop it but will slow it.

You will not stop the crazing. Really hard to help the heat thing with the boat stored outside. If you can cover the boat and suspend the cover off the gel this would help. Of course air circulation will help but you really need to suspend the cover some how. Even though it’s covered...the cover is in constant contact with the boat transferring the heat.
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Ceramic coating would help I believe
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

No sir....
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Change your cover color. Get a light grey or white cover or as light as you can.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    You need a sun block over your cover IE portable tent, lean too , open ended carport kit. No coating will prevent heat damage only shade.

my boat stays double covered all the time. I live in s florida and cant get away from the sun. Its a pita but i always throw a coat of maguire's on her before i throw the cover on.

Screenshot_20200907-231215_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200907-230954_Photos.jpg
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcakes55 View Post
    Getting some slight "crazing" on my '96 Champion. Thought it was due to age, but I came to the realization that i *think* its from baking in the sun/the constant heat we have been having this summer. It's only happening on the side that sees the most sunlight. The caveat is that my boat is always covered, so it's not from direct UV rays. Is there anything to use on the gel coat to protect from actual HEAT coming through the cover?

IMG_8555.jpg
    Where is your crazing at? What areas of the boat.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230