Question Trick Step Question

I am considering adding the Trick Step to my trailer, and I was just wondering: Is the bottom step designed to miss the truck bumper if you have to make a sharp right turn, or will it hit the bumper? I noticed on their web site that they have a removable bottom step option, so I'm sure that would prevent it.

2. Member
    You can turn at a right angle with mine but if you jackknife it in reverse you have less room on that side.

It really depends on the trailer. With my Stratos I'd have to jack knife it before it hit.

4. Member
    If it's a problem just buy a longer draw bar. Mine have plenty of clearance on any vehicle I've towed with.

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I have to make a pretty sharp turn backing it into my driveway, but nowhere near a jack knife, but close to 90 degrees. I normally try to back trailers with a left hand turn so I can use the left mirror, so that would totally take the step out of the equation.
    Last edited by Texas Larry; 07-31-2020 at 11:07 AM.

6. Member
    I have a 90 degree turn to back my boat into the driveway from the street. I never had an issue but just to avoid any I always back into the driveway where the trick step is to the outside as the trailer is backing up.