Float away boat?

Has anyone had their boat float away when using PP or Talons? I found a guy on YouTube have this happen to him.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

2. Member
    No. I use it all the time with my power poles when beached. I always throw a rope on shore if leaving for any length of time because of waves or storms.

I have lost my spot with blades and talons, when they are at their limit in depth on a hard bottom in waves? Not while beached.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Not me, but a salt water guide I fished with a few years ago did. He had Power Poled his rig and was wade fishing when a coastal storm popped up. His empty boat was over two miles away when someone ran across it and notified the authorities. They eventually found the guy on an island (dead cell phone) and reunited him with his boat.

I wouldn’t trust a shallow water anchor of any kind to keep my boat in place if I wasn’t on board. Big anchor time.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

5. Member
    I'm in tidal waters, so I guess if the tide is on the rise, I'll tie up.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

I have during tournaments. Guys parking next to you on the beach, wakes and backwash. One thing I always do is hit the down button when I get out of the boat, think my weight allows the boat to float a little higher
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team