Thread: Fix Hull Leak ?

Fix Hull Leak ?

I have a 14 foot aluminum Princecraft Boat with a leak in the front keel area where you beach the boat. The leak is in the middle of the keel plate, not the riveted area.

I was thinking, getting it welded, but concerned with the riveted area? is there a seal/gasket between the plates of the riveted area? If I have it welded, it may melt the seal?

what would be the best way to fix this leak?

thx
    Ed
    Last edited by Team Mud; 07-30-2020 at 03:45 AM.

2. Member
    My buddy had his fixed by having an aluminum square plate welded over the crack. It looked like a patch of course, but it held for years and is probably still going today.

You would get better advice if you took a picture with your phone and posted it. It is difficult to understand exactly where it is and how bad it is by your description.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

3. Member
    I had an old alumacraft that got a hole worn into the hull by 1 of the brackets that the rollers mount in between on the trailer. I used a marine epoxy that will also set up under water. Sealed it up good as new!
    Last edited by Snakebait; 07-31-2020 at 02:50 AM.

4. Member
    I don t think Princecraft has the seal between the keel guard and the hull. Princecraft may be built like a Lund? If it did have a seal some should be bulging out from the keel guard where, riveted to the hull. Alumacraft may still have the seal as you speak about. Have not seen a Deep Vee Alumacraft or Princecraft in a long time.

Bet T-Mac might know. He is probably familiar with Princecraft a bit.

5. Member
    Flex seal..... Lol

I fixed a leak on Fisher Marine years ago with JB Weld it held up great.
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke