Thread: New To Me Z520

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    We have a prop shop right down the street from my house. One of the perks of living on the banks of Chickamauga, there's boat and tackle shops everywhere. Thank you for your generosity!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Gorgeous boat! You’ll get used to the storage layout. I really like center rod storage. I got used to it when when I had a big 21’10 Bullet. To me it’s easier than fighting those long rods out of a side storage especially in a dual console like my boat...not an issue in yours but still pretty convenient.
    Thanks Dean! I'm pretty much used to the layout now. I really like having the center rod storage now, I keep my most used stuff in there. Kind of weird that I bought the boat because of the beam width and I was always one of those guys that has 15 rods on the deck. Now that I have this setup I keep like 2 rods out. I'm sure it will change if I get back into tournament fishing. I do need to contact Ranger and get them to send me the rod butt holder pieces for both the center storage box and the port side box.

3. Member
    Good looking boat right there 👍

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNangler View Post
    Thanks Dean! I'm pretty much used to the layout now. I really like having the center rod storage now, I keep my most used stuff in there. Kind of weird that I bought the boat because of the beam width and I was always one of those guys that has 15 rods on the deck. Now that I have this setup I keep like 2 rods out. I'm sure it will change if I get back into tournament fishing. I do need to contact Ranger and get them to send me the rod butt holder pieces for both the center storage box and the port side box.
    I can see getting the rod butt holder for the center box, but many state that the rod butt holder [aka antler] for the port side box makes the rods much harder to get situated, so they remove it. Just put some padding under the rod butts and let them rest on the bottom of the box. They also have a much easier time—with rod sleeves—getting more than 1 rod inserted in each tube. Food for thought, maybe?
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I can see getting the rod butt holder for the center box, but many state that the rod butt holder [aka antler] for the port side box makes the rods much harder to get situated, so they remove it. Just put some padding under the rod butts and let them rest on the bottom of the box. They also have a much easier time—with rod sleeves—getting more than 1 rod inserted in each tube. Food for thought, maybe?
    I have a big piece of memory foam that I think will be perfect for that application. And my wife calls me a pack rat.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNangler View Post
    I have a big piece of memory foam that I think will be perfect for that application. And my wife calls me a pack rat.
    Ha!! Guess you showed her! It’s not junk if you eventually find a use for it.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Ha!! Guess you showed her! It’s not junk if you eventually find a use for it.
    I have a ton of things that I need to eventually find a use for!

Congrats on the new ride!
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12