Thread: Triton 189trx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Triton 189trx

I am looking at buying a new boat and the Triton 189trx is on my top 2. Can anyone tell me how they like or dislike their triton? As with anything people always have something negative to say about any and everything. Would really like to hear from true Triton owners....

2. Member
    Pick the other one... triton is going bye bye..
    2015 189 trx

3. Member
    I would not be surprised if the Triton name was discontinued, but the boat is manufactured by White River Marine. They will be around and have a dealer network.

I bought a 189 a few months ago and I am very pleased with it. I liked the deck layout and general design of the boat better than others i was able to look at. I opted for a 150 and the boat performs very well with it. The front deck is a great size and I often fish with two of us up there.

The couple of negatives of the boat would be that the drivers seat is too low to see the sonar when installed at the dash, cooler is poorly insulated, and a few fit/ finish minor gripes.

I am happy with my Triton and would buy it again, but...
    I am really liking the Caymas 18' boats that are popping up now.

4. Member
    When the engineer from Triton performed the foam recall on my boat I straight up asked him about the Triton closing rumors. He said Triton isn’t going anywhere and they just invested millions of dollars into the plant.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

5. Member
    I previously owned a 179 TRX and now have a 18 TRX. Both boats have been great and I haven’t had a single issue other than the foam recall. If you get the 189 TRX I would go with the 175 if you can.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Pick the other one... triton is going bye bye..
    Insightful

Absolutely love mine. I think a 189TRX with the 175 Pro XS is the best value in new boats today. Well optioned and I have been satisfied with mine.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam365 View Post
    I am looking at buying a new boat and the Triton 189trx is on my top 2. Can anyone tell me how they like or dislike their triton? As with anything people always have something negative to say about any and everything. Would really like to hear from true Triton owners....
    I have a friend who has a 2020 189 TRX with a Mercury 150 Pro XS. After fishing in his I liked it so much I intended to buy one also but with the 175 Pro XS. The 150 performs very well but I like to run the maximum h.p. a hull is rated for. While researching Triton models I learned that the 18 TRX is the exact same size and weight but is rated for a 200. I also learned the the 18 TRX comes standard with a Hot Foot throttle, Jack plate, and water pressure gauge, all of which I would want on a 189 TRX. My 18 TRX also came with "blinker" trim lever, adjustable seats, and Clarion radio with speakers on both sides of boat.
    With a 150 the 189 TRX is certainly a great bargain but I decided to spend a few more $ and get the 18 TRX listed below in my signature.

With either one you are getting a great boat that you will enjoy.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 07-30-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I have a friend who has a 2020 189 TRX with a Mercury 150 Pro XS. After fishing in his I liked it so much I intended to buy one also but with the 175 Pro XS. The 150 performs very well but I like to run the maximum h.p. a hull is rated for. While researching Triton models I learned that the 18 TRX is the exact same size and weight but is rated for a 200. I also learned the the 18 TRX comes standard with a Hot Foot throttle, Jack plate, and water pressure gauge, all of which I would want on a 189 TRX.

With a 150 the 189 TRX is certainly a great bargain but I decided to spend a few more $ and get the 18 TRX listed below in my signature.

With either one you are getting a great boat that you will enjoy.
    Just curious, you said the water pressure gage is standard on the 18TRX. Where it is located on the dash? Looking at the Triton pictures on the website, it has the same dash gages that my 189TRX does. I would like to add one at some point when I add a jack plate. Just curious where it is?

https://www.tritonboats.com/fiberglass/18-trx.html

2019 Triton 189 TRX

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ford4wd08 View Post
    Just curious, you said the water pressure gage is standard on the 18TRX. Where it is located on the dash? Looking at the Triton pictures on the website, it has the same dash gages that my 189TRX does. I would like to add one at some point when I add a jack plate. Just curious where it is?

I believe it's part of the "Elite Package". The gauges are different. They're combo gauges. Like pictured below.

11. Member
    I think Triton has a 189's pictures on the 18's page. As far as boat layout they are the same boat but the 18 comes standard with a few extra's. The 18 has slide adjustable seats for driver and passenger. It also comes with a little better instrument panel adding a volt gauge and a water pressure gauge. It's standard with a 6" jackplate and hotfoot. It's also rated for a 200. I wouldn't go under a 175 on the motor if your budget allows. I had a 2016 179trx which was a great little boat absolutely no issues in 4 years. I traded it for a 18trx this year and other than the foam recall (which was not a big deal) I'm really happy with the boat.

12. Member

My boat is at the marina but I believe it is the dual function gauge on upper left side of steering wheel. It is in the bottom half of the gauge.

My boat has the "Tournament Package" with two separate live wells not one well with a divider so not sure if that effects the gauges as part of the package.

The link you provided for the 18 TRX has a list of standard features under " Specifications" and lists several desirable features like Jack plate, water pressure gauge, and hot foot as standard features along with the radio and adjustable seats. My seats do not move much when adjusted.

I do like the trim lever on the helm although the one on the shifter still works also.

After considering the additional cost of adding these standard items to the 189 TRX I decided the 18 TRX was worth the relatively small extra cost.

Regardless of which model you choose you can not make a bad choice.

I love mine.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 07-30-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

Looks like the hull is a 18TRX or 189TRX until the put the badge and motor and extras on lol.

Mine has the dual live wells you describe. As well as the pistons in the lockers and the LED lights (tournament package).

I am interested in those gages. Anyone have a link to what type they are, or a close up shot of them? I would make a guess that all the wiring needed is already there.....

2019 Triton 189 TRX

Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    I think Triton has a 189's pictures on the 18's page. As far as boat layout they are the same boat but the 18 comes standard with a few extra's. The 18 has slide adjustable seats for driver and passenger. It also comes with a little better instrument panel adding a volt gauge and a water pressure gauge. It's standard with a 6" jackplate and hotfoot. It's also rated for a 200. I wouldn't go under a 175 on the motor if your budget allows. I had a 2016 179trx which was a great little boat absolutely no issues in 4 years. I traded it for a 18trx this year and other than the foam recall (which was not a big deal) I'm really happy with the boat.
    Actually, they are 179TRX pics if you scroll farther down.. LOL

2019 Triton 189 TRX

No experience with that 189TRX but my 20TRX is a great boat and there is nothing out there I would rather have. Well, except when I have to push it in my garage. Then I want a 14' jon boat. LOL
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

16. Member
    Looks like the hull is a 18TRX or 189TRX until the put the badge and motor and extras on lol.

Mine has the dual live wells you describe. As well as the pistons in the lockers and the LED lights (tournament package).

I am interested in those gages. Anyone have a link to what type they are, or a close up shot of them? I would make a guess that all the wiring needed is already there.....
    I took some pics of the gauges and can text or email them to you as I do not post pics here ( too dumb ). Sent you a pm with my contact info.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

17. Member
    I have a 189TRX and the boat rides good, comes out of hole great and is stable. I have a 150 and speed is about 56 mph. I have owned all size and brands of boats but I felt for the money this was best for me.

18. Member
    Here is a pic of mine, the top left is speed and volts, bottom left is water pressure, top right is RPM and fuel, bottom right is trim.pAgYswlDQLSm4ady9JXFEg.jpg

19. Member
    Great boat, I would get the 175HP on it.

20. Member
    I love my new Triton TRX 189 bass boat with the Mercury four stroke 175 HP engine. Go for it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast