Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G2 Ho Hoot foot question

I have a 2018 Ranger Z520L with a 250 G2 HO. When I purchased the boat it came with a "hotfoot" somewhat like a gas peddle in a car..
    I am wondering if I can put another type of hoot foot on the boat. I do have the option of switching between the hand throttle and the hot foot

Thanks all!

Theres no throttle cable on a G2 so there really isnt another option
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    1badair is correct but yes you can switch between foot and hand throttle. What gauge package is installed specific for Evinrude?
    The Evinrude 3 in square gauge includes a function which allows you to toggle between hand or foot throttle operation. For long trips then just set the throttle for hand operation. Then use the gauge to set foot throttle operation when you really want it.
    Is really easy to do.

4. Member
    I am wonering if I have to keep the foot they put in it or can I swap it out? For the metal hot foot or do you guys have the gas peddle one as well?

5. Member
    There is only one type of compatible foot pedal. That is the one sold by Evinrude and currently installed.

You want the one that you are used to all aluminum with a spring and cable, like bighare said, they don't make that one for your G2 engine, you can get a floor mount or a bulk head mount but that is all that's offered for your engine.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

Well, I suppose if you're okay with tearing out your existing controls, finding the older cable manipulated controls and putting in a universal repower rigging kit.... theoretically it would let you put in the hotfoot... But that'd be a lot of work, a lot of $$$, and you'd be probably be reducing the connective sensitivity between the controls and the motor....
    united in the pursuit of bass.

A G2 hotfoot is the stuff dreams are made of. Itll make a regular hotfoot owner want to buy a g2 just to have a pedal that nice

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    A G2 hotfoot is the stuff dreams are made of. Itll make a regular hotfoot owner want to buy a g2 just to have a pedal that nice
    like Alli said

Ha ha... not really... I have all but quit using mine. I'm a hand throttle guy now, for sure.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

11. Member
    I am in the "I like it" camp

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Ha ha... not really... I have all but quit using mine. I'm a hand throttle guy now, for sure.
    The 201 cockpit makes the HF hard to mount. With my conventional foot i hated it. I'm a hand control driver, been that way forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    The 201 cockpit makes the HF hard to mount. With my conventional foot i hated it. I'm a hand control driver, been that way forever.
    For sure. Neither the floor mount or bulkhead mount fit and I had to do some "engineering " to get it in there. Also, with my previous motor and old style hot foot, I just floored it all the time. Can't do that with the G2. Too darn fast! Still, I wish this new hot foot had a tighter spring. Might help.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

14. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    I have all but quit using mine. I'm a hand throttle guy now, for sure.
    +1

The foot pedal is too sensitive in rough water, I've been hand throttle for a while now.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hydroplane76k View Post
    I have a 2018 Ranger Z520L with a 250 G2 HO. When I purchased the boat it came with a "hotfoot" somewhat like a gas peddle in a car..
    I am wondering if I can put another type of hoot foot on the boat. I do have the option of switching between the hand throttle and the hot foot

Thanks all!
    Try this one it will work with a standard hot foot. I have a friend that has this on his boat. UNIVERSAL REPOWER RIGGING SYSTEMALLOWS REUSE OF EXISTING MECHANICAL ENGINE CONTROLSAND GAUGES TO DELIVER A REDUCED COST RIGGING SOLUTION.• Converts mechanical motions of standard shiftand throttle cables into digital EST commands• Compatible with competitive controlsand SAE type control cables• Includes integrated digital to analog converterallowing the reuse of existing gauges• Offers the lowest cost repower rigging solution• Recommended for single and twin engine applications part # 767682
    DAVID HIGHTOWER
    CARTERSVILLE, GA.
    1998 TRITON TR-18
    EVINRUDE G2 150 HO

If he did that he would have to ditch $1500 worth of rigging, buy new old style rigging at $500+ at a good deal, then buy the conversion kit to hook it back up. Not sure how much that repower kit costs these days but it may be $2500+ to go back in time just to have that old stiff hot foot

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

17. Member
    On my 'L' I put a piece of rubber mat near the FT. Allows me to better control it in rough water by resting my foot against it to steady my foot. No problems thus far.

Love the G2 FT
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

The amazing thing about the G2 foot throttle is, when they were in the design stage they asked fishermen what is the biggest complaint about the current cable style foot throttle?

The number one answer was..........it is too hard to push and hold, on long runs my leg cramps, it should be easier to push with less tension.......
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

I wish it had a tension adjuster on it but ill take it the way it is over the old calf building style. Once you get used to it you dont get the rough water bounce like you do when first starting

20. Member
    Thanks for all the information fellas! I have learned a ton! Thanks again and I will be keeping the one I have lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast