Mercury mobile vessel view

Just installed my vessel view mobile and got it linked to my phone. So far impressed. It states my motor has 12.4 hours. I was expecting more than that. But it's my understanding that it has to be correct. I have just had my new boat 4 months so I guess its right. I really couldn't find anywhere to mount the unit so it's in the rear of the engine along with the other wiring harnesses. Any suggestions on that?
    Serial number
    2020 mercury optimax pro xs 4s 200hp
    2B733274

I too just installed mine. I left behind cover where harnesses are located. Just kinda zip tied it in back there. One thing to keep in mind on initial installation my cowling wouldn’t latch. Upon further investigating the harness had kinda slid out and was in the way of the latching mechanism. Tight quarters back there.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Better to route it out the STB/TOP corner of that cover, and as far forward (up top) as you can. Tie-wrap in place.

BEST option is to install a Smartcraft Network up to the console, and install the unit up at the console (virtually no problems with interference once that is done).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Better to route it out the STB/TOP corner of that cover, and as far forward (up top) as you can. Tie-wrap in place.

BEST option is to install a Smartcraft Network up to the console, and install the unit up at the console (virtually no problems with interference once that is done).
    Don made me aware of STB/TOP option and I moved my module from the rear of the engine and zip tied it as he described which solved my problem.

Thank you again Don, your help is sincerely appreciated ( from another Gary )
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support