Antique ign system

Ser 3112443 115 hp .trying to help a broke guy .no ign.i used to use a 9 v. Battery on the 3terminal side to sub for the trigger,but can’t remember which terms or polarity.joe ,Leonp, do you remember?savage? Jim sheetz

2. Member
    how old ,magneto or trigger , cdi has some tests for some older ign systems
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... That serial number doesn't even show up in my archived system (which goes back into the late 70's).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Hey guys,doing this over phone.1971 .i think trigger /battery cd.i plan to use cdi tests,but I dues to use 9 volt batt test that a merc instructor showed me a long time ago,but can’t remember procedure.best I can tell,393-3736a79 trigger.used batt. To substutute for trigger.cant remember which terminals or batt. Polarity.thanks Jim Sheetz (they never let you go)

5. Member
    went over my head ive used cdi tests before though using jumpers and listening for spark (pop)
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................