Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Not a bass boat?
    seats sit so low, tucked all under a console.

Maybe consider a multi species boat. They ride a lot better also.

2. Banned
    If I was wanting room to move around on a Ballistic 223 would be the only boat on my list.

3. Member
    They don't make them any more . But the Ranger 522 D is a big boat and plenty room . There should be some nice one's floating around for sell.

4. Member
    Appreciate all the input. Love my Bumblebee just as I've gotten older and my knees have gotten worse it makes it a chore sometimes to get up to front deck.

May look into having a trailer built from Tennessee or Marine Master with better steps too. Not sure of that cost though.

5. Member
    Nitro Z21 or Ranger 521.

I have the same issue, I'm a big fella as well. Ignore the "go fast" boats, they fish like crap. I fished out of my partners 21' Bullet for a year, every time I'd walk from one side to the other it would nearly throw him off the front deck. Zero issues like that in my Z21 now.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

I'm 6'4" and 270 and fit beautifully into the cockpit of my Z21. Brought my buddy Brian with who is 6'+ and 350+ and he liked my Z21 a lot! He is also a very well known guide in my area and he personally fishes from a 19ft alumicraft with a big ass tiller and loves that boat.

7. Member
    I had a 2011 triton 20XS. I go every bit of 250lb and a fishing buddy of mine would be your size to slightly bigger. I’m not saying you wouldn’t feel the boat move around when he moved from one side to the other, but it was very comfortable. We had plenty of room with the passenger console removed. I would also take the middle seat out since it made it easier for him to step up to the back fishing platform. To get to the front deck there is a step (cooler lid) that makes it not such a big step up. That boat was very above average in rough water, and did fine in skinny water. There is a 2012 20XS listed in the triton boats for sale page for 36K and a 2014 21XS listed for 45K.
    Last edited by kmanbear; 08-02-2020 at 07:35 AM.

8. Member
    Not sure what your price range is but Falcon makes sturdy boat with a huge deck. It fish about as well as any boat I have ever seen and I have fished about of a lot of them, https://www.falconbassboats.com/models. I am 250 and I can barely move it, also can get from the back to the from deck in two steps.

9. Member
    Lund Pro V Bass 2075 XS version. So much easier to move around in due to the pedastal seating. Nothing else mentioned here has anywhere close to the room and stability. Plus you can get a higher pedestal seat that spins, so much easier to get in and out of.

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-un View Post
    And by bigger, I'll just say fat.

350lb or so......I have a 1995 Bumble Bee and had a step put in to get to the front deck but looking for something a bit more sturdy. I have herd Stratos XL series are good but have never owned other than Bumble Bee so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-un View Post
    Appreciate all the input. Love my Bumblebee just as I've gotten older and my knees have gotten worse it makes it a chore sometimes to get up to front deck.

May look into having a trailer built from Tennessee or Marine Master with better steps too. Not sure of that cost though.

Based on these two comments I say get one with a step up to the front deck and get one with a wide beam. Several boat manufacture have a built in cooler or storage that acts as a step up to the front deck. Several people have mentioned getting a 20 or 21 ft boat and this will be more stable for a big guy moving around on the front deck but beam width also helps make one more stable. Bumble Bee makes a fine boat but they are a tad more narrow than most other boats. Something with a little more width will be noticeably more stable. Obviously going longer makes one more stable but a 19 ft wide body boat will be more stable walking around on than a 20 ft narrow body boat...as for steps for the trailer there is multiple aftermarket companies that can makes steps for any trailer that gives easy access to the boat.

I know mine must have shrunk a bit behind the drivers consol....I almost need to sit in the center...lol

1998 Stratos 285 Pro
    1989 Evinrude XP 150(E150STLCEM)(08199802)
    2004 Ford Explorer NBX V8
    1998 Jeep XJ 4.0L V6
    House Cat named Patches
    Remington 700, Old Cooey 12 gauge, A lot of Fishing Rods
    Some tools, garden hose with outboard attachment, 3 crow decoys, 8 Track Tape player,
    A Billy Bass, and clothing from the 80's.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Based on these two comments I say get one with a step up to the front deck and get one with a wide beam. Several boat manufacture have a built in cooler or storage that acts as a step up to the front deck. Several people have mentioned getting a 20 or 21 ft boat and this will be more stable for a big guy moving around on the front deck but beam width also helps make one more stable. Bumble Bee makes a fine boat but they are a tad more narrow than most other boats. Something with a little more width will be noticeably more stable. Obviously going longer makes one more stable but a 19 ft wide body boat will be more stable walking around on than a 20 ft narrow body boat...as for steps for the trailer there is multiple aftermarket companies that can makes steps for any trailer that gives easy access to the boat.
    Do you have a specific manufacturer you would recommend for 19-20ft with wide beam?

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    The subject has been discussed before here on BBC and to the best of my memory there is a few that fit the bill in the 19 and 20 ft market as being a "wide body" but I can't recall what they were. Start another post and be specific that you want to know what manufacture makes a wide body 19-20 ft boat and people with more knowledge than me should have information. Now I do know this, a while back I was listening to a podcast that had a boat manufacture on and they were talking about what inch limit boats were being produced at because of the boat/trailer pushing the limit of being considered a wide load when towing in some states...so yes there is some wide boats out there and they are typically super stable when walking around.

I really like a center console style boat. Sportsman, Blazer Bay boat. They do everything and you are not having to crawl in and out of the seat.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12