Thread: Engine repair

Engine repair

Looking for a repair shop in the south central ohio area that is good with the old Johnson outboards. Got a 89 and it just wont idle for poop. was going to replace the check valves but not sure if that's the problem. Runs good otherwise. Just not sure who to take it to? Tthanks
    If guns kill people, then pens miss spell words!

2. Member
    Strange's boat shop in Eaton Oh. They have a great mechanic that will help you out.

3. Member
    Will with Sawmill Marine worked on my 92' rude and got her purring good. He is in Delaware county though.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

I have always heard that Knox Marine was the best repair place for Johnson/Evinrude in Ohio.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I have always heard that Knox Marine was the best repair place for Johnson/Evinrude in Ohio.
    For sure

6. Member
    Go see Ed @ Miami Valley Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Knox Marine!
    Best on the OMC motors

PROUD BBC SPONSOR