Thread: Dealers

Dealers

I've noticed that many of the dealers that were carrying Charger when the initial launch of the Elites came out have since dropped the line.

The local dealer to me told me that it just takes too long to get them once they're ordered. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but i find it odd that so many dealers have moved on. Any ideas?

2. Member
    I can tell you first hand that it does take a while to get a new one - about 12 weeks. Hopefully they can improve on that in the future. I have noticed the same thing as you about the dealers, but I have also noticed a few of them picking up another brand and they don't seem to have them that long either. Being a dealer for any model takes some dedication and effort. The boats are not going to sell themselves. I noticed on Marty's marine Facebook page that a customer came up from Texas to buy one that he had in stock. The demand is there in my opinion. Also, Charger does not floor-plan their boats like some of the big brands do, so that could be part of it too?

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    They can build about 75 a year with the work force they have

4. Member
    75 of the Elites or 75 of all bass boats?

5. Member
    So I’m taking they just brought on too many dealers and the demand surpassed their ability to supply? One of the dealers in N TX I spoke with said that once they told people the time frame to get one, they would lose interest, so they would push them into a different brand they carried. It’s a business decision to grow, or not to, but seems like they’ve missed out on sales doing so.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    If you can’t find people to work I guess it doesn’t matter if you build the best of anything.They do make more money on the toons and that’s were they focus

OK, What do they pay to come make Charges? I need a change in atmosphere......and a new 210 elite!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Banned
    No kidding I would love to get out of this welding gig 20 years is long enough.

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

10. Banned
    You funny

So, 100k+ pontoon boats and 60k+ bass boats and they only pay 8.75!? No wonder you can't find anyone to work!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    So, 100k+ pontoon boats and 60k+ bass boats and they only pay 8.75!? No wonder you can't find anyone to work!
    Iam sure you could name your price if your skilled but the average person knows nothing about the trade.

13. Banned
    I'd start for 26

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    I'd start for 26
    Same here. It would be nice to get that build time cut in half.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

15. Banned
    Not sure I understand the point of reviving the best hull ever built and not raising production to meet demand but, it's theirs not mine.

16. Member
    Scaling a small family owned and operated business can be a challenge. If I remember correctly, they never intended to mass produce (likely understanding their production constraints with continuing all Charger models). It seems like they wanted to control the production volume. A dealer certainly has to work hard to put someone in a new boat, so I can understand pushing a customer to something he doesn't feel he will lose him on over availability.

My guess is Ulrich Marine get's the bulk of availability... just that's purely speculation due to Kelly Powers involvement in the resurrection.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Not sure I understand the point of reviving the best hull ever built and not raising production to meet demand but, it's theirs not mine.
    Charger already had the best hull ever built...without the Champ line.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Charger already had the best hull ever built...without the Champ line.
    True dat!