Suzuki coming out with a new engine design

Just watched the below video with Team Marine Service and Adrian Avena. According to them, Suzuki is coming out with a new engine design specifically for the freshwater guys in the next few years. Additionally, they discussed how the Solas Scorpion prop is what gives the 250SS the best all around performance compared to the rest of the other props out there.

2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Yes sir been talking to Andy @ Team Marine about my setup. right now getting a prop form Solas is darn near impossible

3. Member
    There are a few Solas scorpions on ebay depending what pitch you are looking for
    Polar Kraft TX195/Suzuki 200/52" Ultrex MDI

4. Member
    I have a Solas Scorpion 28 pitch I'm willing to sell......my rig prefers 4 blades.

5. Member
    How much would you like for the propeller? I’m considering trying one on my boat

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    I have a Solas Scorpion 28 pitch I'm willing to sell......my rig prefers 4 blades.
    Which 4 blade did you go with th , i am looking into the 4 blade. I have a like new water grip Suzuki 14 1/2 × 25 R for sale if anyone interested

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohio View Post
    Which 4 blade did you go with th , i am looking into the 4 blade. I have a like new water grip Suzuki 14 1/2 × 25 R for sale if anyone interested
    Well I have a Suzuki 200 with the 2.5 gear ratio so propping has been such a pain. My rig is not fast just to get that out of the way, I can maybe see 60 on a good day. I tried a solas scorpion 28 but didn't like the holeshot. I've been running a Razor XL 27 pitch, good holeshot but my top speed is lacking. I just received a slightly dinged up suzuki 14.5x28 four blade I'm eager to try.

The real issue is the gear ratio. Lucky for me I'm not a speed demon. Maybe when my warranty runs out I'll switch out the lower unit for the updated one with the 2.0 gears.

8. Member
    I am interested to see how the zuk 4 blade works out for you, I am running a zuk 14 1/2 27p 3 blade on 200 ss . Hole shot lacking some and 60 wot. Lose some grip in turns on occasions.
    Last edited by Tohio; 08-11-2020 at 10:38 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohio View Post
    I am interested to see how the zuk 4 blade works out for you, I am running a zuk 14 1/2 27p 3 blade on 200 ss . Hole shot lacking some and 60 wot. Lose some grip in turns on occasions.
    Have you experimented with engine height? If you have the 2.5:1 gears i think a four blade will work better. Our motors with the reduction system can turn relatively big props. And 4 blade > 3 blade in terms of surface area. I know for a fact my rig does not really like 3 blades, so it's only 4 blades from here on out.

The Razor XL has been working great (besides speed). I definitely will report back whenever I slap the new one on.

10. Member
    My 16" diameter 3 blade on a 200DF gets me about 1 MPH per 100 RPM. At 6000 I'm doing about 60. Mine hated a 4 blade.

11. Member
    Bill do you have a hydraulic jack plate? I recently added one and haven't got to play with it much but I think it will make propping much easier. I have a 3 blade 14.5 25 pitch that I could turn to 6100 the smaller 4 blade I have was better on hole shot but that was the only advantage.
    Polar Kraft TX195/Suzuki 200/52" Ultrex MDI

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbruce View Post
    Bill do you have a hydraulic jack plate? I recently added one and haven't got to play with it much but I think it will make propping much easier. I have a 3 blade 14.5 25 pitch that I could turn to 6100 the smaller 4 blade I have was better on hole shot but that was the only advantage.
    I would think that thing would fly. I'd like to see yours with a 16 inch 23.5 pitch 3 blades and see how it works on your boat, I think if the 25 pitch was 16 inch diameter it would be better.
    Anyhow, I don't understand all the prop talk. I am happy with low 60's as long as I get there and back. Back is important. I bought a bunch of 16 inch diameter SS props new for scrap metal prices a couple of years ago pitched 23.5 and 24.5. A 4 blade 27 sucked, I put a whale tail on mine and the hole shot got great, so I'll stay where I am.
    There's a lot of info on this post, some of which I don''t understand: Thread: Forum Suzuki expert

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I would think that thing would fly. I'd like to see yours with a 16 inch 23.5 pitch 3 blades and see how it works on your boat, I think if the 25 pitch was 16 inch diameter it would be better.
    Anyhow, I don't understand all the prop talk. I am happy with low 60's as long as I get there and back. Back is important. I bought a bunch of 16 inch diameter SS props new for scrap metal prices a couple of years ago pitched 23.5 and 24.5. A 4 blade 27 sucked, I put a whale tail on mine and the hole shot got great, so I'll stay where I am.
    There's a lot of info on this post, some of which I don''t understand: Thread: Forum Suzuki expert
    Bill what gear ratio is your motor? The only way I can see you get those numbers is if you have a 2.00:1 gear ratio. But my understanding is the DF200A still has the 2.5:1 ratio.

14. Member
    A fair offer should do it , I have received 2 other pm's on the prop asking also. The best bid gets it. Thanks guys

15. Member
    Above message, plus shipping. Thanks

16. Member
    Bill, i am getting the same numbers with 14.5 × 27 3 blade . I run a procraft 192 superpro. What boat do you have ? Which dimmension, pitch or diameter should make a positive change with our boats is the question ? I am very happy with the motor . Seems perfect for the boat. I fish a tidal river allot with plenty of current .
    Last edited by Tohio; 08-15-2020 at 04:06 PM.

17. Member

Lightbulb

Sorry repost
    Last edited by Tohio; 08-15-2020 at 04:46 PM.

18. Member
    I have a Stratos 295 dual console bass boat. It's 19 feet 5 inches and I weigh about 285 and generally have a full 40 gallons of fuel. My speeds are GPS. The prop is a Suzuki prop. Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Stai...4AAOSw5PhfMHQP

19. Member
    My procraft is 18.6 94 beam. My tank is 45 gal. Usually between full and half. I can hit 60 @ 6000 rpm most times that i check wot, which isn't often. Cruise between 3g & 4g averages between 6 & 8 mpg.