Thread: Switch Panels

Switch Panels

Looking to redo my switch panels and looking for suggestions. I was thinking about recovering with 3m carbon fiber vinyl wrap and may still do that, but what do you use to put the writing back on so it last a long time? Boat stays indoors so that'll help. Thanks

share image online
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

Check with New Wire Marine. I know they have a "panel configurator" but don't know if it will do anything other than squares and rectangles. But, I'm sure they can make it custom. One thing to note, is that if they make it, I'm not sure they can radius the edges so that they're rounded like your originals.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Check with New Wire Marine. I know they have a "panel configurator" but don't know if it will do anything other than squares and rectangles. But, I'm sure they can make it custom. One thing to note, is that if they make it, I'm not sure they can radius the edges so that they're rounded like your originals.
    New Wire Marine is actually where I've been looking and I'm getting new switch covers from them as well. I'd prefer to refinish mine if possible. My biggest concern is being able to put the writing back on the panel and it last like new.
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

4. Member
    I just did mine......im looking into a label maker that has 1/4" white letters on clear tape. I order 1/4" decal letters but it was obvious they were not going to work. (not suitable for outdoors)

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Panels I'm doing I'm having Rocker Switch Pros (New Wire Marine's custom shop) labeling the actuator on some and having some laser etched with backlight.

20200307_120315.jpg
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 07-29-2020 at 12:27 PM.

That is BADA$$ Reggie!!

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Thanks Mark!

Couple of ideas... hydrodip your stock panels and use labeled rocker switch covers. Or, if you're handy, make new panels out of kydex.

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419