Lodging Recommendations Near Keewaydin State Park

Hey everyone,

Looking for lodging recommendations near Keewaydin state park as we have a club event out of there. TIA

2. Member
    The bridge view motel is a decent one and allows boats to charge their batteries there. PJs is a no thrills motel that’s dirt cheap and also allows you to charge batteries but it’s very basic. The applewood inn is another that’s right down the road from the park as well. Otherwise you’re I’d be headed to Clayton and staying at the west wind motel and get a cottage.

we had our club tournament (5 boats/5cos due to people pulling out of the event) last weekend when the elites were there. Big fish was just shy of 6lbs. If you don’t go practice you might have a tough time. Only 2 guys came in with a limit, I wasn’t one of them and usually do well on the 1000 islands so it was a bit humbling to say the least. But also fished my secondary spots since the elites were on my main spots and wanted to give them room. so hopefully the fishing picked up a bit for you guys. It’s a great ramp and we will probably hold our tournaments out of there from now on.

That said, Parking is a real pain there. The trailer parking is about a half mile away from the launch and requires you to unhook the trailer form the truck. The rangers can also be a wee bit ornery towards bigger bass clubs. Caused a few other clubs to back out of launching there even though it’s first come first serve with no permits issued this year.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    I was up there at end of June. Agree with previous post on the parking. It's a pain, but a really nice launch and scenic.

We stayed just less than a half mile from the State Park at Rock Ledge Motel. Super clean, moderately priced. Owner is very accommodating and he'll let you pull your boat in the grassy area and charge boat overnight. I will be staying there again next year. I highly recommend.

4. Member
    Bridgeview. Owned by former BASS pro tom dolin. Him and his wife are the best.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaile44 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Looking for lodging recommendations near Keewaydin state park as we have a club event out of there. TIA
    Hopefully not too late, but if you are looking closer to Clayton, Mil's Motel and Cottages is very good and I am sure Alan won't mind if you run a cord to charge. Him and his wife Lesley are good people and originally from Rochester. (moved in 1974 when his dad bought the whole place)
    I will be visiting with them mid August for a few days of fishing around the Clayton area before heading to Chippewa Bay.
    Oh did I mention the distillery across the street has great moonshine.

6. Member
    Moonshine slushies. Might be the reason I bought my boat down the road a few hours later.
    Lanzs is right next to mils. Had its own boat ramp.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Moonshine slushies. Might be the reason I bought my boat down the road a few hours later.
    Lanzs is right next to mils. Had its own boat ramp.
    Lanzs boat ramp is a nightmare, unless you have a smaller boat. I pulled out of there once due to heavy rain all day crap, and never again even if I can walk over from Mils to get to them.
    I rather go to Pier 65 for a nice accessible stable launch or even Clayton marina. BTW, Northern marine in Spicer Bay has a great ramp and Mercury master tech if you ever need 1.

8. Member
    I am at kring point state park in a few weeks. Boat launch, docks. Cabin on the water 40$ night.

9. Member
    Following

10. Member
    You guys have any recommendations on a spot near Chippewa Bay, somewhat short notice but was given a few days off work next week?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by behls16 View Post
    You guys have any recommendations on a spot near Chippewa Bay, somewhat short notice but was given a few days off work next week?
    For $40.00 per night, you should definitely try kring point state park like post #8 said. you would be right down the road from Chippewa.

BTW, Goose bay is right there also, so you would get to fish both if you like.

12. Member
    Not much near chippewa, might want to check with shermahorns landing to find a place.