Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Obviously you have been in a DVX. I came out of a Pro-V and the difference is night and day

2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    IMO if a man shucks out $35-$55k on a boat then he has every right to post his frustrations. That said.... I love my Vexus!!!

4. Member
    How many aluminum boats have actually been built by the Ranger guys would be my question since Crestliner actually built those boats.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    How many aluminum boats have actually been built by the Ranger guys would be my question since Crestliner actually built those boats.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    Huh?

He must be referring to this old post. Doesn't look like Crestliner ever made Ranger aluminum boats. Looks like an un founded claim. The Ranger aluminum line appeared to have some back ground with Crestliner over a decade ago.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Every single one of them would be my guess.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    He must be referring to this old post. Doesn't look like Crestliner ever made Ranger aluminum boats. Looks like an un founded claim. The Ranger aluminum line appeared to have some back ground with Crestliner over a decade ago.
    Crestliner started making aluminum boats for ranger back in the mid 90's-ish with the cherokee line.

Last edited by fishinarc; 04-05-2021 at 04:36 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Xpress is also building their boats with big hp out of .125” aluminum as well. .100” and bigger motors doesnt cut it im sorry it doesnt.
    Just going 0.025" thicker may not solve any problems. Do you know that on airplanes, many times the material thickness is REDUCED to make a section stronger? What do you think the average structural skin thickness on a jet is?

The answer is in design. In today's world, you can do 98% of a design through FEA modeling and the likes. Something like a boat hull would require huge computing power and time, likely much more than a smaller company can invest. Just moving up to a thicker material may not help the situation at all.

11. Member
    the average skin on a jet has nothing to do with a boat a jet cuts air a boat is mistreated in waves to big an some folks not smart enough to slow down a little .

12. Member
    Without knowing their process no one on here is going to know why it happened or what Vexus needs to do to fix it. Aluminum is difficult to work with. Vexus is standing behind their product and that is what matters the most. When you are manufacturing something like as boat,car,rv,whatever there are endless variables that can cause a product failure.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighaida View Post
    Why would anyone even consider buy an boat from Vexus. I guess the same people who kept buying the Ficht motor from Evinrude.
    Now you have me scared to purchase and AVX (looked at one today!). I had a Bass Tracker in the early 80's that had hull cracks. BPS bought the boat back after some back and forth with a lawyer. I also owned the worst marine engine ever made, a 1998 Johnson 175 Ficht outboard. I finally had to pay for the fourth block!

14. Member
    I think any day of the week.125 is better than .100 .Any one that think different is kidding their self.The worst part is what would it cost to go from .100 to .125 on 40,000.00 dollar and up boats .It would be worth the extra money

Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    In short, not weld related and the manufacturer is standing behind their product(again). What did the factory say potentially caused the crack? I have never quite understood the purpose behind posts like this though. I see it often. It solves absolutely nothing, other than stirring up shit. So out of curiosity, what is it that an owner wishes to gain by posting an issue in which the resolution is already being worked on by the manufacturer?? Some sort of validation? Commiseration? There is absolutely nothing anyone on the internet can do fix the issue.......nothing. Though, some think other wise.
    I will never fully understand the current generations logic of problem solving. Call your dealer(on a telephone), get it fixed and move on. Pretty damn straight forward I think. No need for validation as there is obviously an issue. Maybe I am just old school and/or had plenty of warranty claims over the course of my 25+ years of boat ownership.
    Have it happen to you and you’ll get a better understanding. Crap happens, but when it does it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth. I went through the same thing with my first boat way back when. After a year and a half of it going back to the factory, I think 4 times I sold it. Was lied to, pushed to the back of the line. It ended with me hiring a lawyer. You can buff up all you want. Let it happen to you.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

16. Banned
    I think any day of the week.125 is better than .100
    Imagine .190

Quote Originally Posted by CEH25 View Post
    Imagine .190
    Tank

18. Member
    .125 might add 50 to75lbs to an AVX.
    .190 might add 150-200lbs

For those wanting more speed it might be a detriment to have thicker hulls.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 12-04-2020 at 12:21 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Your boat with the thinner hull will be much slower when it fills with water.

Being able to put more than a 115hp motor on an 18 foot boat would help a lot also.

20. Member
    Some people are happy with a 50HP on an 18’ boat. It’s not always about speed. The aluminum high performance hull bass boating community is speaking with now a 12 week delay in getting a Vexus AVX boat made. Your opinion is respected, but very much in the minority at this point in time.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast