Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    As long as the OP has contacted his dealer, the forum is the perfect place to show frustration. He took the proper steps to get it corrected. Its the second time its happened. Anyone would be frustrated. Now its up to customer service to step in. If the job is done well, and he is satisfied, than he should return back to this thread and update.
    Its not that Vexus doesnt make an excellent product, as there are plenty satisfied customers. Every new company has its growing pains, and Vexus has done well.
    If the cracks continue, than it may just need some design attention.

Ranting or venting is not just specific to the Vexus forum. It happens on all of them.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlMistZ521C View Post
    Coming on here and crying about it isnt gonna make it any better...
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post6808189

Did you mean like this?
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2112 View Post
    Priceless!

4. Member
    Well played sir

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emccarthy View Post
    How big of water are you hitting? I have had 3 tin boats one was a bass tracker 17' never had a problem. Next was a Triton VT19 it cracked welds every year and I would have it repaired. Was in some moderate chop maybe 3-4' occasionally. Just got a Vexus 1980 it is far superior in fit finish and ride.. we will see how the hull holds up. Great that Vexus is taking care of you and thanks for sharing your experience!

Moderate chop of 3-4' in a tin boat?

You can't run a 25' center console in 3'-4' seas until your period is 9 seconds or better, and even then you'll take some tough shots. Any bass boat under 20', especially aluminum, would be in trouble of swamping.

These conditions would have you disappear from sight when in the troughs.

6. Banned

He speaks from experience

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Member
    Columbia River can get big in a hurry and we have got caught in some big stuff. I guess moderate chop was wrong description.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Seahawks View Post
    Just to clarify, this crack in the hull is not on a weld, like my previous boat. Call me
    old fashion, but I believe my boat should be used for fishing not sitting at the manufacturers for months waiting to be fixed, again
    Agreed, the money you have in the boat, you should be fishing...
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    In short, not weld related and the manufacturer is standing behind their product(again). What did the factory say potentially caused the crack? I have never quite understood the purpose behind posts like this though. I see it often. It solves absolutely nothing, other than stirring up shit. So out of curiosity, what is it that an owner wishes to gain by posting an issue in which the resolution is already being worked on by the manufacturer?? Some sort of validation? Commiseration? There is absolutely nothing anyone on the internet can do fix the issue.......nothing. Though, some think other wise.
    I will never fully understand the current generations logic of problem solving. Call your dealer(on a telephone), get it fixed and move on. Pretty damn straight forward I think. No need for validation as there is obviously an issue. Maybe I am just old school and/or had plenty of warranty claims over the course of my 25+ years of boat ownership.
    well you’re right about one thing, you’ll never understand.

I for one am glad to hear the good and the bad reviews. I appreciate him posting his experience. I would not be a happy camper after spending that kind of cash.

11. Member
    HAHAHAHAHHA

12. Member
    Are you sure there is no welds? I mean on the inside. Bracing or stringers? Unless there is some weird harmonic or stress it would be very strange to get a crack in the middle of a panel, even with somewhat of a bend. Any new boat will have issues, but at least they are handling it.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    well you’re right about one thing, you’ll never understand.

I for one am glad to hear the good and the bad reviews. I appreciate him posting his experience. I would not be a happy camper after spending that kind of cash.

And I am OK with that. Like you, I don't have a Vexus(anymore) so I have no brand loyalty, other than knowing several of the folks behind Vexus for many years. They are stand-up people and will take care of their owners, always have. Just saying, I have never had to leverage the internet to get someone to honor the warranty on my boat(s). If that is needed, there is typically more to the story line.

Every brand will have its issues, the very large majority of boats on the water have owners who are happy with their boat. The one offs, shouldn't waiver anyone from buying a specific brand, it is to be expected. Unless of course someone goes into it with a pipe dream that a boat manufacturer will have 100% first time quality. No doubt it sucks for the ones that do have an issue though. Regardless of how much money anyone spends, it is a rec rig that takes a pounding every outing. So if money is a concern, prob shouldn't be buying an "expensive" toy that will no doubt take money out of your pocket one way or another throughout the ownership.

To each their own, hope his boat gets fixed quickly..........

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    And without an age or birth date in his profile, how do you know what generation he is?

Exactly... he is ASSuming I am young, and we all know what happens when we Assume!!

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    And I am OK with that. Like you, I don't have a Vexus(anymore) so I have no brand loyalty, other than knowing several of the folks behind Vexus for many years. They are stand-up people and will take care of their owners, always have. Just saying, I have never had to leverage the internet to get someone to honor the warranty on my boat(s). If that is needed, there is typically more to the story line.

Every brand will have its issues, the very large majority of boats on the water have owners who are happy with their boat. The one offs, shouldn't waiver anyone from buying a specific brand, it is to be expected. Unless of course someone goes into it with a pipe dream that a boat manufacturer will have 100% first time quality. No doubt it sucks for the ones that do have an issue though. Regardless of how much money anyone spends, it is a rec rig that takes a pounding every outing. So if money is a concern, prob shouldn't be buying an "expensive" toy that will no doubt take money out of your pocket one way or another throughout the ownership.

To each their own, hope his boat gets fixed quickly..........
    My-Man!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

I find it hard to believe Vexus has sold 19,000 boats. No way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    I agree with the above assessment. When I toured the factory in February they were at the 19,000 units built mark. This is probably the most active Vexus board and I’ve seen very few reports of cracked welds.

These welds are made by humans, always a possibility of an imperfection. I think the brand is handling it well.

And yes I’m an owner and likely biased. But, I’ve had issues with my boat and have been taken care of.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    I find it hard to believe Vexus has sold 19,000 boats. No way possible.
    It was a typo and was addressed in multiple posts on page 2. The number is closer to 1900.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

Quote Originally Posted by PearlMistZ521C View Post
    Coming on here and crying about it isnt gonna make it any better...
    It is a very good post and I appreciate the information. Negative posts and positive posts are allowed, both are appreciated. He wasn't crying, he was posting accurate information. You are the one crying, you don't like his post! Don't be a Karen.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

19. Member

No dog in this fight, but a buddy sent me pics of this one this morning that cracked in VA. The issue with hull cracking doesn't seem to be isolated to one brand!

20. Member
    No dog in this fight, but a buddy sent me pics of this one this morning that cracked in VA. The issue with hull cracking doesn't seem to be isolated to one brand!
    Interesting enough that is about the same place that my 1980 cracked port just like his in the exact area just mine was a step higher. I still think it has something to do with bunk stress in that area either when on the road and vibrations or while putting the boat onto the trailer. Do me a favor and ask him if he had just put the boat in the water and the bilge pump alerted him prior to even running down the lake please.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast