Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    Glad to hear they took care of it. I could have put money that they would based on my experience, especially considering mine was cracked in the same place and looks the same. I however am going to be keeping my 1980, I just would not want to risk other brands warranty as Vexus has taken care of me very generously and quickly and I trust they will do the same in the future for me.

Not downing customer service for other brands however the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I am going with a different brand for a couple of reasons. One I want to switch to a glass boat and two this is the second boat that has had a cracked hull. It seems my boat has been down, more than it has been fished. I am glad you had great customer service with Vexus, however my first experience with them on the first cracked hull was less than stellar and has kinda soured me with them. I will give them credit as they have handled this one way better than the previous one.

2. Member
    I still think some one laid an ugly weld down and ground it to clean it up and ground way too much weld off.
    I am a Quality Engineer in an automotive metal stamping and welding facility, and have been for 20 + years.
    This is why the split is so straight, most weld was removed during the grind. My boat has places where the weld is all there and nice looking, and
    then all of a sudden you can tell where it was ground but enough material was left to give it good penetration and fusion.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pickel View Post
    I still think some one laid an ugly weld down and ground it to clean it up and ground way too much weld off.
    I am a Quality Engineer in an automotive metal stamping and welding facility, and have been for 20 + years.
    This is why the split is so straight, most weld was removed during the grind. My boat has places where the weld is all there and nice looking, and
    then all of a sudden you can tell where it was ground but enough material was left to give it good penetration and fusion.
    This!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    After these posts I got under my boat with a good light and looked at every weld underneath. I saw two areas of concern, but not bad enough for me to panic.
    But if a man is out and that thing opened up on you, God knows, you better have the PFD on. I do not wish that situation on any of our bassin' brothers and sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pickel View Post
    After these posts I got under my boat with a good light and looked at every weld underneath. I saw two areas of concern, but not bad enough for me to panic.
    But if a man is out and that thing opened up on you, God knows, you better have the PFD on. I do not wish that situation on any of our bassin' brothers and sisters.
    I wouldn't worry about sinking at all. That boat is so full of foam it would bob like a cork!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Lol....damn this thread started on 7/ 28/20 there's gotta something better to talk about wow!!!!! Shit happens welds break let it go

7. Member
    It’s just getting started.Every one needs something to talk about

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James 10 View Post
    Lol....damn this thread started on 7/ 28/20 there's gotta something better to talk about wow!!!!! Shit happens welds break let it go
    When you pay 40-50k for an aluminum boat you would expect the welds to hold up

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James 10 View Post

That's the topic!!

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    When you pay 40-50k for an aluminum boat you would expect the welds to hold up
    Exactly......thats why its such a bit topic. Especially how much they are hyped up.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    Vexus forum is where it’s at. We are the talk of the bass boating forums. Bass boat owners of all brands love Vexus. They love to talk to us and ask us what it is like to own a Vexus. No matter what boat you drive, it’s more fun over here at Vexus. We love our Vexus boats and it shows!
    Last edited by Jimbug; 09-28-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Vexus forum is where it’s at. We are the talk of the bass boating forums. Bass boat owners of all brands love Vexus. They love to talk to us and ask us what it is like to own a Vexus. No matter what boat you drive, it’s more fun over here at Vexus.
    Amen!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

13. Member
    Nahhhh

Glad to hear that Vexus got this owner back on the water.

What is the price point cut off that cracked welds are acceptable? Since $40K - $50K there should zero weld defects. Is it $20K? $25K? Or is it less? Feel bad for Tracker owners as their boats are at greater risk due to the price being lower

My neighbors $160K MC X24 has been in the shop for 3 weeks with stress cracks(2nd time in 18 months, only 2 years old).........Shouldn't his boat be absolutely perfect? After all it was at least 3X's the cost of an AVX. Not the case, boats take an enormous amount of abuse on the water and things will unfortunately fail. Price point has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Glad to hear that Vexus got this owner back on the water.

What is the price point cut off that cracked welds are acceptable? Since $40K - $50K there should zero weld defects. Is it $20K? $25K? Or is it less? Feel bad for Tracker owners as their boats are at greater risk due to the price being lower

My neighbors $160K MC X24 has been in the shop for 3 weeks with stress cracks(2nd time in 18 months, only 2 years old).........Shouldn't his boat be absolutely perfect? After all it was at least 3X's the cost of an AVX. Not the case, boats take an enormous amount of abuse on the water and things will unfortunately fail. Price point has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Well, I happen to think none should break. You expect your tires to stay on your car dont you? But when you over pay for aluminum you should get more

16. Member
    if many more have cracks might be time to go to heavier gauge material.

17. Banned
    Just reading through this thread and it proves that bass boat designs are best left fiberglass. Clearly these aluminum boats can't handle the stress of the design with larger motors for speed. Don't really see these issues in deeper v style aluminum boats. I think Lund has the formula, walleye boat hull with bass style decking. There's a reason glass bass boats have been the staple for so many years... just my thoughts.

18. Member
    This thread alone has made me rethink my upcoming purchase. Maybe I’m crazy but now leaning toward a glass boat. Two I’m deciding between.
    I know everything has its issues but was dead set on a vexus and now rethinking. I dunno ��

19. Member
    There’s happy Vexus owners all over the country.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by jsr View Post
    This thread alone has made me rethink my upcoming purchase. Maybe I’m crazy but now leaning toward a glass boat. Two I’m deciding between.
    I know everything has its issues but was dead set on a vexus and now rethinking. I dunno ��
    All you need to do is call or email Vexus and ask about this issue. I will bet its far less than 1 percent. The same goes for Glass boats. If you look for issues or problems with a certain boat you will find them.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast