Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Seahawks View Post
    Just to clarify, this crack in the hull is not on a weld, like my previous boat. Call me
    old fashion, but I believe my boat should be used for fishing not sitting at the manufacturers for months waiting to be fixed, again

Do you still get to make payments during the time you are boatless? Just curious. The frustration has to be unreal for you. .100” hulls with bigger motors showing its head IMO.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlMistZ521C View Post
    Coming on here and crying about it isnt gonna make it any better...
    Actually it does. Instead of waiting months for your boat to be replaced it gets fixed faster. One guy got it fixed period from making a post on here. Seems like if you hit a wave or beach your boat and it cracks it was tough to get replaced. With the internet potential owners can come on and see how many crack, how the mfr handles it, and how fast they handle it. The ones talked about on here seem to get done in a couple months

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Do you still get to make payments during the time you are boatless? Just curious. The frustration has to be unreal for you. .100” hulls with bigger motors showing its head IMO.
    But theyre not bigger motors so no excuse.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    In short, not weld related and the manufacturer is standing behind their product(again). What did the factory say potentially caused the crack? I have never quite understood the purpose behind posts like this though. I see it often. It solves absolutely nothing, other than stirring up shit. So out of curiosity, what is it that an owner wishes to gain by posting an issue in which the resolution is already being worked on by the manufacturer?? Some sort of validation? Commiseration? There is absolutely nothing anyone on the internet can do fix the issue.......nothing. Though, some think other wise.
    I will never fully understand the current generations logic of problem solving. Call your dealer(on a telephone), get it fixed and move on. Pretty damn straight forward I think. No need for validation as there is obviously an issue. Maybe I am just old school and/or had plenty of warranty claims over the course of my 25+ years of boat ownership.

In short, it is another cracked hull, doesn't matter that is not weld related. It matters that it is two boats with two cracked hulls in less than 15 months, and that is just with me. There are at least 4 boats with hulls cracks in just this Vexus Forum alone. I have a 1996 Bass Tracker and I have yet to have an issues with the hull. So yes, it is a legitimate issue to bring up on this forum, even if the manufacture is taking care of the issue. IT IS CALLED SHARING INFORMATION/BEING INFORMED. I on the other hand, completely understand the purpose of your post, I see it often. It is to stir shit up, it is to make you feel good about yourself, I mean after all you have 25+ years of boat ownership and you need to let people know it. Businesses completely understand your logic and problem solving, they are counting on it. You are perfectly ok with your stuff being in the shop to be fixed more than you use it, because you know, Warranty!!

5. Member
    How big of water are you hitting? I have had 3 tin boats one was a bass tracker 17' never had a problem. Next was a Triton VT19 it cracked welds every year and I would have it repaired. Was in some moderate chop maybe 3-4' occasionally. Just got a Vexus 1980 it is far superior in fit finish and ride.. we will see how the hull holds up. Great that Vexus is taking care of you and thanks for sharing your experience!

6. Member
    interested how you get to 19000 units in less than 2 years that number cant be right.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emccarthy View Post
    How big of water are you hitting? I have had 3 tin boats one was a bass tracker 17' never had a problem. Next was a Triton VT19 it cracked welds every year and I would have it repaired. Was in some moderate chop maybe 3-4' occasionally. Just got a Vexus 1980 it is far superior in fit finish and ride.. we will see how the hull holds up. Great that Vexus is taking care of you and thanks for sharing your experience!

The only big water I have fished in was summertime boat traffic on Table Rock, Stockton, and Bull Shoals lakes which isn't really that big.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    I agree with the above assessment. When I toured the factory in February they were at the 19,000 units built mark. This is probably the most active Vexus board and I’ve seen very few reports of cracked welds.

These welds are made by humans, always a possibility of an imperfection. I think the brand is handling it well.

And yes I’m an owner and likely biased. But, I’ve had issues with my boat and have been taken care of.
    I find that 19,000 number hard to believe but I'm not in the boat business. Maybe it was 190? Or I guess maybe 1900?

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    I find that 19,000 number hard to believe but I'm not in the boat business. Maybe it was 190? Or I guess maybe 1900?
    19,000 units would be roughly 792 boats a month for 2 years. Probably More like 1,900 boats. Maybe someone like like Clark could put out some numbers for us.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Well 1900 boat sales would put Vexus even with Nitro bass boat sales in 2017. Nitro was second in sales to #1 Ranger that year. 2017 is the latest numbers I could find on the internet. And it’s the internet so there’s that also. I have no idea how many boats Vexus has sold, nor do I believe anyone at Vexus would pass along that information.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    interested how you get to 19000 units in less than 2 years that number cant be right.
    Good for Vexus. Sounds like they are really cracking, I mean cranking them out.

You won't get any numbers out of Vexus or Steve but I am sure 26 a day is a bit off. I think somebody added an extra zero.

2.5 boats a day would be a more realistic number.

12. Moderator
    I have had mine to lake Ontario region many times sence I bought it. 14mile plus runs in some moderate waters. Beach all the time here in late fall early spring because in Pa docks get pulled in winter. No cracks yet. I have hit some waves I was sure cracked a weld, but none yet. I'm not saying it won't happen, but from what I've seen fromVexus so far I'm not worried about them taking care of it.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

13. Member
    I popped my 1880 on some waves at Keuka Lake back in May that I though for sure would've broke stuff. Actually was airborne twice, hard splash down. No cracks or anything. I hit a wake boat wave last weekend, that was a crusher...no cracks.
    Hoping this true.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    I visited the Vexus factory last week and was told that they are producing 2 glass and 4 aluminum boats per day.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelmonkey View Post
    I visited the Vexus factory last week and was told that they are producing 2 glass and 4 aluminum boats per day.
    So 1900 is more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    I agree with the above assessment. When I toured the factory in February they were at the 19,000 units built mark. This is probably the most active Vexus board and I’ve seen very few reports of cracked welds.

These welds are made by humans, always a possibility of an imperfection. I think the brand is handling it well.

And yes I’m an owner and likely biased. But, I’ve had issues with my boat and have been taken care of.
    Sorry guys I was PUI and fat fingered the keyboard

I believe Ryan said 1900

17. Member
    In short, not weld related and the manufacturer is standing behind their product(again). What did the factory say potentially caused the crack? I have never quite understood the purpose behind posts like this though. I see it often. It solves absolutely nothing, other than stirring up shit. So out of curiosity, what is it that an owner wishes to gain by posting an issue in which the resolution is already being worked on by the manufacturer?? Some sort of validation? Commiseration? There is absolutely nothing anyone on the internet can do fix the issue.......nothing. Though, some think other wise.
    I will never fully understand the current generations logic of problem solving. Call your dealer(on a telephone), get it fixed and move on. Pretty damn straight forward I think. No need for validation as there is obviously an issue. Maybe I am just old school and/or had plenty of warranty claims over the course of my 25+ years of boat ownership.
    Maybe just to warn people of a possible issue or what to look for. It's just as typical of a person that owns a particular brand to get their panties in a wad if someone post an issue, and then the same issues happens again. Most people here like to be updated on issues and how they are handled. How they are handled is a big issue.

18. Member
    To the OP, thank you for passing along the information, sorry to hear you have come across the same issue twice in your in boat. I would be frustrated too. I enjoy fishing out of my Vexus and to have it away for repairs/replacement would be tough. But,,, fortunately Vexus is doing it right by you, and their replacing/repairing your boat. I hope this is the last issue you experience. Best of luck.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    To the OP, thank you for passing along the information, sorry to hear you have come across the same issue twice in your in boat. I would be frustrated too. I enjoy fishing out of my Vexus and to have it away for repairs/replacement would be tough. But,,, fortunately Vexus is doing it right by you, and their replacing/repairing your boat. I hope this is the last issue you experience. Best of luck.
    I thought my luck was bad "New Power-head and now a trailer", I just hope Vexus throws you a nice bone for all that you have had to deal with.

20. Member
    Because he is going on his third boat in less than two years, he has every right to be frustrated. And without an age or birth date in his profile, how do you know what generation he is?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast