Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Another cracked hull!!!

After a less than stellar start to the handling of the first cracked hull, I got my new boat back in Oct. 2019. Now after only 9 months there is another crack in the hull on the port side. It is in the seam where the hull starts to rise upward. The crack appears to be in the same spot as jsmith3520 posted in "Welds Cracking" thread. Vexus has been contacted and they are going to replace the boat yet again, however no timeline has been given. Time to find a different boat manufacturer.

Wow! what model?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Wow! what model?
    AVX2080

4. Member
    Time for Avid?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Time for Avid?
    As long as Vexus keeps taking care of warranty issues when they come, I will continue to put my cash and trust into their product and more importantly the company. Some people might get tired of it and make the transition however I would bet some will find out the grass is not always green on the other side, that is not a risk I would be willing to take at this point.

The workers at my dealer and Vexus have been top notch and have handled all my issues with no pain or problem (Just my frustration of not being able to go boat fishing), Its been that simple, tell them about the issue and boom they have a solution. You have to understand it is not like assembling a lego house, there are tons of processes that HAVE to go right to keep this thing structurally strong enough to handle the crap we put these boats through and if even one mistake is made it could jeopardize the integrity of the entire structure. Unfortunately for some if they hit a solid object at speeds of course some bad things are going to happen. However with good quality controls in place these issues are and can be minimized.

Kudos to Vexus and my dealer.
    Last edited by ksmith3510; 07-29-2020 at 11:54 AM.

7. Member
    Hate to hear that .Maybe they will get their problems fixed soon.

8. Moderator
    Hard to deal with on a new boat. At least they're standing behind their boat. Hope everything gets taken care of.

9. Member
    After looking at some of the post showing weld opening up, it looks like where tone was opened, there has been quite a bit of weld ground off.
    Cant remember which post, but behind and in front of the crack, you could see weld bead, and in between where it was cracked open, you could not see any weld bead.
    Maybe an ugly weld bead was laid down, and too much was ground off to the point there was not near enough weld remaining to structurally keep the material together.
    just my observation.

10. Member
    The Excel 20' boat looks pretty nice too IMO.
    https://excelboats.com/Bass.html

11. Member
    Why would anyone even consider buy an boat from Vexus. I guess the same people who kept buying the Ficht motor from Evinrude.

Quote Originally Posted by bighaida View Post
    Why would anyone even consider buy an boat from Vexus. I guess the same people who kept buying the Ficht motor from Evinrude.
    I would imagine that this cracked hull issue is less than 1%. All manufacturers have issues at one point or another. Vexus is standing behind the product and handling issues as they arise.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I agree with the above assessment. When I toured the factory in February they were at the 19,000 units built mark. This is probably the most active Vexus board and I’ve seen very few reports of cracked welds.

These welds are made by humans, always a possibility of an imperfection. I think the brand is handling it well.

And yes I’m an owner and likely biased. But, I’ve had issues with my boat and have been taken care of.

14. Member
    Just to clarify, this crack in the hull is not on a weld, like my previous boat. Call me
    old fashion, but I believe my boat should be used for fishing not sitting at the manufacturers for months waiting to be fixed, again

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Seahawks View Post
    Just to clarify, this crack in the hull is not on a weld, like my previous boat. Call me
    old fashion, but I believe my boat should be used for fishing not sitting at the manufacturers for months waiting to be fixed, again
    Having a weld break would make sense. This is not good. Replacement is the only option with this issue.

What really sucks for you is that the'll probably put you at the back of the line again for a new build.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 07-30-2020 at 04:50 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Having a weld break would make sense. This is not good. Replacement is the only option with this issue.

What really sucks for you is that the'll probably put you at the back of the line again for a new build.
    It did not with my experience. Getting mine back by next week so just a month and a few weeks.

17. Member
    First Commandment - Thou shalt not question The Revolution™

Jokes aside, very sorry to hear about your situation OP. Wish you the best of luck towards a happy resolution.

18. Member
    Coming on here and crying about it isnt gonna make it any better...

In short, not weld related and the manufacturer is standing behind their product(again). What did the factory say potentially caused the crack? I have never quite understood the purpose behind posts like this though. I see it often. It solves absolutely nothing, other than stirring up shit. So out of curiosity, what is it that an owner wishes to gain by posting an issue in which the resolution is already being worked on by the manufacturer?? Some sort of validation? Commiseration? There is absolutely nothing anyone on the internet can do fix the issue.......nothing. Though, some think other wise.
    I will never fully understand the current generations logic of problem solving. Call your dealer(on a telephone), get it fixed and move on. Pretty damn straight forward I think. No need for validation as there is obviously an issue. Maybe I am just old school and/or had plenty of warranty claims over the course of my 25+ years of boat ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlMistZ521C View Post
    Coming on here and crying about it isnt gonna make it any better...
    So owners should censor only to positive posts so everything thinks everything is perfect then? All boards have posts like this because they all have issues so why should it be different here. Praise threads only allowed here seems like.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast