Pantera II SP (200 4s) performance

After many years of running numerous PanteraII hulls with the 200 2 stroke Mercury ProXS engines (current is a 2017), I have worked a deal to purchase a new 2020 P2 Special Package with the Mercury 200 ProXS 4s. Can anybody tell me their likes, dislikes of this package? I have been extremely happy with the two-stroke engines and this will be my first venture with the new four stroke. Performance numbers seen will be helpful and what prop are you running on that combination (pitch, rpm, speed, etc)? How do you like the dual 7” Humminbird’s on the console?

2. Member
    Fallowing as I’ve got a p2 sp my first basscat. I’m still under 10 hrs on the 4 stroke I’ve had it to 68@5800 but it was starting to chine pretty good need more seat time!!!! 24p 3blade fury came on the boat and top of jack plate is even. I went with 9” units on the balz outs console and bow units are rock solid very happy so far.

Most purchase the P2 with the 24 Fury and we actually think the 23 fits many applications and will perform into lower 70’s. Some use a 25 Fury and the engine has plenty of torque if the hole shot is not important. Our choice, 24 Fury overall.

4. Member
    The PII 4 stroke should see 71-73mph depending on load.
    I have 2016 model with the 2S. Dual power pole and dual consoles.

A buddy has a new Pantera Classic with the 4S. Loaded same as mine, minus the pass console.
    We raced. I beat him out the hole to 72.6 where I get on the rev limiter.
    He stayed with me the whole time.

My guess would be the same top end for the 4S, but quicker hole shot....if that’s even possible.
    I run a 24 Fury 3 as suggested by Rick P.

My go to prop is a 24 Fury 4. I get 69.4 and hit the rev limiter even in the 100 degree summer.
    I will get this prop worked by Ronnie and it will put me over 70.

Many over prop the PII. Better to under prop slightly and work it to the owners needs.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Took the P2 out today for its initial run. Have 1.5 hours on the engine. It is amazing on both the hole shot and mid range. Getting to 4500 RPM is almost instantaneous. I cannot wait to open it up once I get more hours on the engine. The dealer convinced me to go with the 24 pitch Fury3. Will post pictures soon. Still getting used to the dual graphs and the Ultrex seems to be the ticket!
    Thanks for the response.

6. Member
    Congrats on the new rig! I bet the 4S is a beast out the hole - 65 mph!!!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    Sherm has one in stock that's killing me LOL.

8. Member
    I looked at his PII (Rasberry/White). I really like the colors but needed a single axle trailer to get in and out of my garage. My (2) previous PII’s came from Sherm. He is great to work with and such a nice guy. I recommend him highly!