Black Hawk today

I just got off the water at Black Hawk. I have never been here before but I thought it was rather tough. All I did was flip docks but I still only managed to catch 6 or 7 bass. No idea if that’s decent for this lake or if that is slow. Felt slow to me.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

2. Member
    Can easily have 50+ bass days out there. They like bladed jigs on grass lines and brush hogs/senkos on select docks.

There is also one offshore underwater island that loads up with walleye and bass.

Lots of walleye and Muskie too.
    Last edited by Dirtyeggroll; 07-29-2020 at 01:30 PM.

3. Member
    So my mom and dad got some new carpet and the guy laying it down were showing my dad some pictures of 36”/40” Muskie’s that they were catching with big bass top water baits. They go up their before the water gets warm and the fun boats come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Can easily have 50+ bass days out there. They like bladed jigs on grass lines and brush hogs/senkos on select docks.

There is also one offshore underwater island that loads up with walleye and bass.

Lots of walleye and Muskie too.
    There wasn’t really any grass to speak of yesterday.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    So my mom and dad got some new carpet and the guy laying it down were showing my dad some pictures of 36”/40” Muskie’s that they were catching with big bass top water baits. They go up their before the water gets warm and the fun boats come out.
    There are big muskie in there. I fought one that was well over 40" at the boat for about 10 minutes this spring

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    There wasn’t really any grass to speak of yesterday.
    Lake View probably treated it or the grass died off due to high water with flooding last year. Two years ago when I was out there you couldn’t even run your outboard because the grass was so thick and it’s such a shallow lake.

I know when I talked to the DNR guys this spring they also mentioned they had a big upspring in carp numbers on their shocking results.

7. Banned
    There wasn't any grass in the lake back on may and April either. I did see the carp population was up. It's a shame at Blackhawk is a fun lake if you just want to get out and catch some aggressive fish and open your boat up

8. Member
    I found very little grass out there in June. We are holding our club tournament out there next weekend, and am hoping for a shootout with lots of limits and close weights.