Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I decided to go with the Harbor Freight lock (Only the best for me! ) For $9 after coupon I figure it's worth it even if it doesn't last forever. Might have better luck than my last two, since it doesn't have a button that has to stay down in order to lock, which is where my last two failed. Thanks again.

2. Member
    Who leaves their boat on the trailer at the launch? I’ve forgotten my drain plug but never the whole boat.

Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    I have this one & have had it for years without any problems. Made by Reese. I saw one mot long ago ( made by Bulldog )that was identical to mine for half the price of my Reese. Maybe Reese makes it for Bulldog, or vice versa, don't know, but appears to be the same lock.Attachment 418874
    This is the model I use. I’ll have to find the package for the exact model, but I do recall I bought because it was designed to bend, not break, if someone tried to breach and remove it with a pipe.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I know this thread is a few days old, but after buying probably a dozen different types of locking pins over the year, I'll never own anything else other than a Bolt. They're built really well and hold up better than any other I've tried which is nice, but the best part is that you key them with your truck key. You never have to worry about carrying extra keys, losing keys, or anything like that again. They're top notch.

Only thing to watch is that you buy the right one for your make/model/year of truck. Made that mistake once before I knew any better. It's super obvious, only mentioning because I was stupid enough not to pay attention to it.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

5. Member
    I agree with above. I’m very happy with my Bolt Lock stuff.

6. Member
    I have had to cut one off that key would not work on ( old coke machine type keys) since then I have not used a lock and have a 3 way on there. I got insurance.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You can saw one off in a minute with a sawzall. If you pack the lock with grease it seems to protect it from damage if you keep the rubber cap on.
    Yep and they have a product that keeps key insert smooth. It's made of powdered graphite.

8. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    I have had to cut one off that key would not work on ( old coke machine type keys) since then I have not used a lock and have a 3 way on there. I got insurance.
    I have one like that and it is at least 20 years old. Spray WD 40 every few years and never a problem.
    If someone is going to steal my 22 year old Bass Cat trailer while I am out fishing, a pry bar through the little lock on the boat trailer is the easy way to go.
    I had someone steal the clip for the non locking type pin once. That is when I bought a lock.

P01135809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12