1999 175 merc oil disconnect

Hey guys I need a quick refresher how I disconnect the oil injection on my 99 175 merc,was on the lake yesterday and had an issue with the motor not wanting to start so when I got home I was doing some checking and notice my oil pump was not pumping oil to the vst tank it's a good thing I add oil to the gas along with the oil inject for safety because without it I would have fried the motor,but anyway now is a good time to disconnect an premixed but I forget what I have to do thanks

2. Member
    pipe plug on side of block at psi hose ,remove related parts , install block off kit , DONT forget oil mix
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Huh???pope plug psi?huh? English please

4. Member
    pipe plug for pressure hose fitting on side of block under starter that pressurizes boat tank
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Ok so disconnect that and block it off,take the oil gear out an install the plug,,should I remove the oil tank from the motor? And what about the fuel line do I do anything with that?

6. Member
    carb or efi no ser number, i would remove all related parts to oil injection check valves tanks hoses everything if i was doing it , but i wouldnt id fix it back original , how did you determine it wasnt pumping , hose broke /gear stripped/ warn horn not working ?????? hmmm cause it pumps very very little at idle

7. Member
    No oil pumping from the pump to the vst even when I cracked the bleeder screw nothing came out. Efi 1999 175hp. Odo839532

8. Member
    no rotation of driven gear/bushing should have horn sounding intermit beep

9. Member
    Well I might not get that because even though its oil injection I added o im l to my gas tank just in case

10. Member
    Plus the clear hose from the pump to the vst was completely empty

11. Member
    warning system doesnt know if oil is in tank

12. Member
    I pulled the pump an gear tonight everything looked fine except there was no oil at all in the pump anywhere,should I just put the plastic plug in and blot it on or does the gear have to go back in also

13. Member
    if you have the correct plug you cant put gear back in

14. Member
    Ok, I dont mean to sound stupid ,I just want to do it the right way,I read that it's best to keep the gear in instead of the plug is that correct?

15. Member
    Got a question I have everything in hooked and ready to premix,but I was wondering if I should put a piece of hose and a plug on the oil vacuum fitting that brings oil from the double oil tank to the resivior on the .otor

Quote Originally Posted by 1pabassman View Post
    Got a question I have everything in hooked and ready to premix,but I was wondering if I should put a piece of hose and a plug on the oil vacuum fitting that brings oil from the double oil tank to the resivior on the .otor
    See Post #2 remove everything
    Thank You Leon Pugh

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    See Post #2 remove everything
    What do I screw in its place then?

18. Member
    pipe plug