Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    I started with the previous BPS FC...white box. The yellow/purple KVD BPS FC got bad reviews, so I didn't try it. Next up was Seaguar Red Box....ok at best. Slipped some Palomar knots, so went to an Improved Clinch and fixed that. Next came Sunline Sniper...best FC for the $ in my book. I also tried Tatsu, and it's wonderful….except for the price. I'm moving back to copolymer. Usually P-line CXX on baitcasters or McCoy's clear "Mean Green" on spinning reels.
    That white box BPS FC was great line! I still have several spools.

2. Member
    P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon—the one in the blue box. Been using it for almost 20 years.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    I started with the previous BPS FC...white box. The yellow/purple KVD BPS FC got bad reviews, so I didn't try it. Next up was Seaguar Red Box....ok at best. Slipped some Palomar knots, so went to an Improved Clinch and fixed that. Next came Sunline Sniper...best FC for the $ in my book. I also tried Tatsu, and it's wonderful….except for the price. I'm moving back to copolymer. Usually P-line CXX on baitcasters or McCoy's clear "Mean Green" on spinning reels.
    How were you slipping a Palomar knot but not an improved clinch knot? I have never had a Palomar knot slip, I don't think that's even possible if it's tied correctly.

4. Member
    Many say you should never use a palomar with flouro. Edwin Evers says any knot with a twist is what you should use on flouro.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

5. Member
    I've always used a Palomar knot. It surely won't hold with many lines. It won't slip, but will break.

6. Member
    Sunline assassin then sniper. Tatsu if cost doesnt matter. Eugene slip knot
    Last edited by AgAuthority; 08-01-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    I am the real Scubby McScruberson!

7. Member
    I always use the Trilene Knot on fluorocarbon.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpz520 View Post
    P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon—the one in the blue box. Been using it for almost 20 years.
    Yep. Same here. Also good bang for your buck. 250 yard spools.

9. Member
    Sniper is treating me well , I bout tried it all and for way I fish it just does a fine job !

10. Member
    Seaguar Invizx has preformed well for me in the last few years. Seaguar Red Label has a more line memory than Invizx but is almost half the price.

11. Member
    No problems with invisx or a palomar knot

12. Member
    Sniper if price is a concern. Tatsu and Shooter (shooter for heavy baits or abrasive areas)
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

13. Member
    20lb sniper and I buy it in bulk spools also 14lb in bulk. I do run big game and 40lb pp braid too.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I always use the Trilene Knot on fluorocarbon.
    Same here. I only use a Palomar for braid. Mono and fluoro get the Trilene Knot. As far as the best fluorocarbon from experience, FC Sniper and Yo Zuri Top Knot. Both are very small diameter for their respective pound test. In my experience Seaguar Invizx and Abrazx would be 3rd on the list

15. Member
    Personally hate red label. For me sun line shooter. Then sniper

I have had great luck with Yo-Zuri topknot flouro, it has been a great line at a great cost for me. I had tried Seaguar, both labels with minimal luck...either to stiff or to weak...switched to Yo-Zuri topknot flouro and never have needed to change. I always use a Trilene knot like others for my fluro.

17. Member
    Sunline sniper is awesome stuff 16 and 18 are my favourite

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    1. Learn how to correctly tie a knot!
    2. Don't fish with loose line in the spool!
    3. Don't get backlashes!

If someone can't figure those out...they are not ready for any FC. Mono, and most co-poly's are very forgiving...and for the average guy, are perfect, and will do the job.
    Not being disrespectful here... Please elaborate on #1 for those who have been tying knots for the better part of 30 years..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BackLash625 View Post
    Not being disrespectful here... Please elaborate on #1 for those who have been tying knots for the better part of 30 years..
    Just simple things.

For example...I only tie palomar knots. If you get a twist or 2 in the loop that goes around the lure...the knot will overheat, and be weak. I know i've done it a lot in the past, and still catch myself doing it today if i'm hurried.

Just any little twist or extra loop could mean knot failure. FC will overheat morseo than other lines.

20. Member
    Red Label Palomar user here. Caught them all over the country this way. Buddy was snapping off Sunline like it was his business. Not blaming the line though as he is new.

I take about 5-10 seconds to cinch my Palomar knot and may wet it twice. I make sure the loops are parallel through the eye or I cut it off.

I respool every couple trips for rods that see a ton of use. I also use JDM shallow spools or backing. I've measured the backing so the reel holds exactly 65 yards of whatever diameter line is on the reel. I can respool 15 times off a 1000 yard spool that way. That is almost twice a month for the season (8 months) and only cost $50ish for a spool.

Respooling like I do, the longevity is not a real factor. Also, with flouro, once it is nicked or compromised, it is worthless. So if I backlash badly, it replaced that day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast