Need prop advice for tracker 185 with Merc 50

Have a 2000 tracker 185 with a 50 ho merc I'm looking to pickup a new SS prop as it's got the factory 3 blade aluminum which is a bit tired and lacking.

I'm considering a Trophy Sport 13p but a Solas C4 intrigues me as it's about $120 cheaper and faster to get.

I'm really looking for faster top end speed, and lift. I feel like just getting a newer prop will get me 4-5 mph at least, so that's my thoughts on going to a 4 blade, but I don't know much about re propping especially a boat this size. Thank you!

2. Member
    Stick with a three blade since you only have 50 hp.

3. Member
    I really don't see swapping from an aluminum prop to a stainless prop on that boat as gaining you 4-5mph, unless the prop you already have is completely chewed up or the boat is not proper right to begin with. But if you already have a clean aluminum prop that is getting perfect RPM's and you switch to a stainless that gets perfect RPM and all other variables remaining constant, I would bet the speed difference will be 1-2mph.

The Trophy Sport is a great prop for Merc 40/50/60's on 15'-16' hulls that are light. When you start dealing with 18' hulls and 50hp engines, there really isn't much you can do other than just make sure that your motor is getting all the RPM's that it should be at WOT. Mercury BlackMax and their Spitfire 4 blade are great props on boats like this. If you just want it to look purdy, then go with the stainless. As for which prop will be the fastest, I've played with a lot of these props and many more on normal 15'/16' duck boats and they all are within 1-3mph of each other. As far as which one 'might' be 3mph faster, you just have to buy them all, and test them all, to see which one your hull likes the most.

Good Luck!
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci