Thread: SCOTUS ruling

SCOTUS ruling

Not a good sign for our rights to practice our religion without government interference

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...ctKsLGmkYT4NBY
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    Unbelievable.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

3. Member
    I am surprised that this would go as far as SCOTUS, since the limitations are temporary and without the other many restrictions and provisions imposed on businesses. We have services with +- 50 people, in addition to the on line service, which according to the survey taken by our congregations president, it is covering all of our needs.
    Our congregation has a lot of elderly members, so we try to accommodate the church service and safety for them, and attend only if we can clearly see that there will be enough physical destancing.

It surprised me also. I agree with the emergency health guidelines for the most part but when churches are deemed "not essential" or in this case churches are subjected to stricter guidelines than private business, that raises a big red-flag. We have been able to hold in person services though out this pandemic AND still follow national and local guidelines.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Member
    All I can attest is what NYS is doing, which is for churches to follow guidelines, but are not regulated like businesses. This weekend, my cousin was shut down because of regulation violation with regard restaurants, and another friend was shut down and fined for what they decided as excessive crowds being served drinks without the appropriate foods being sold along with the drinks.

I pray that we never get to the point where churches are regulated like businesses even for a short period of time, but the hardship we are going thru is trying to figure out a reopening of our Christian school with all the proper distancing and sanitizing. I hope that our Lord will help us in answering our prayers for a vaccine soon and very soon.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I am surprised that this would go as far as SCOTUS, since the limitations are temporary and without the other many restrictions and provisions imposed on businesses. We have services with +- 50 people, in addition to the on line service, which according to the survey taken by our congregations president, it is covering all of our needs.
    Our congregation has a lot of elderly members, so we try to accommodate the church service and safety for them, and attend only if we can clearly see that there will be enough physical destancing.
    You can't "temporarily" violate the Constitution, that is how third world leaders become dictators.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    You can't "temporarily" violate the Constitution, that is how third world leaders become dictators.
    I know that this country has taken some serious back steps, but I don't believe that we have reached 3rd world status yet. BTW, dictators mostly come out of controlling the military hence controlling the people, especially through propaganda and misinformation controlled media, like some moron still believing that Covid 19 is a fabricated hype by Dr Fauci and CDC.
    BTW, paranoia creating mistrust, hypervigilance, defensive attitude in response to preoccupation with hidden motives, fear of being deceived cause more problems than solutions.

8. Member
    You can bet there would never be any limitation on the number of people who can attend a protest.