Picking new prop- '00 Tracker 185 50hp

I'm looking at picking up a new SS prop for my 2000 tracker 185 with a 50 ho 2 stroke Merc. I know the boat is underpowered but it does about 26-27 right now and it's got the original aluminum 3 blade that I'm thinking is a little tired. Has a few dings.

I was thinking about a 13 pitch Trophy Sport but didn't know if anyone else had input. I also noticed the Silas c4 props, which intrigue me as they are a bit cheaper and quicker to get

I have a Tracker Grizzly 1860 with a 2-stroke 50hp Merc and on a good day wide open and wind at my back I've touched 30 mph with the aluminum prop.

With what you got a SS might just be a waste of $$$ but that's just MHO.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I have a Tracker Grizzly 1860 with a 2-stroke 50hp Merc and on a good day wide open and wind at my back I've touched 30 mph with the aluminum prop.

With what you got a SS might just be a waste of $$$ but that's just MHO.
    10-4

Maybe I'll stay AL and just buy both Black Max and spitfire to play around with them.

4. Member
    I disagree about the SS. With the weight you're asking the 50 to throw out the water, a cupped SS prop is the way to go. I had a 800# Starcraft Tin with the old inline 4 at 40hp. Had a Vengeance that would run 31@5500. Hole shot wasn't great fully loaded, but mid range and top end were worth the wait.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver