TJNYSNP

Hydro timer wiring...

Hello, not a big deal but i noticed that when i turn my power switch on, i will hear the hydro timer circuit trip on every so often.... even when the hydro on/off/auto rocker is turned off.

I assume this is because i don't have the wiring done properly to the hydro timer

Does anyone know if a diagram exists on how to wire it properly ?

thank you

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Typically, the timer runs continuously with the output going to the switch which sends it to the pump when turned on. Is the the OEM timer or aftermarket?

3. TJNYSNP
    i think it is the original... i will play with it... there are 2 black wires going in and one orange... the black is off on the side on the circuit board and then there is an orange and a black

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The orange is the switched 12v coming from the power switch, black is ground. The 3rd wire should be brown or brown with a trace color and it will go to the Hydro switch. The other wire on the Hydro switch will also be brown and go to the pump on the back of the livewell. You may hear a relay clicking. That's why I asked about the timer. I don't recall any of the OEM timers having a relay, but have seen them on pictures of aftermarket timers.

5. TJNYSNP
    thanks txchamp... my theory which i'll check tonight is that the brown wire is not coming from the hydro switch and as such the circuit is powering on and the relay running regardless if the hydro is on/off

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Get some pix if you can. If you can't post here, email them to me at txchamp@suddenlink.net. Would like to see front & back of switch and the timer module